Matters of State...
1- In 1957, six countries signed the Treaty of Rome, which extended the earlier co-operation within the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and created the European Economic Community (EEC), establishing a customs union.>
What were these six countries who created what evolved into today's EU?
2- Name as many European kings or queens - with actual first names - that you can?
3- Of all moarchs who is the 2nd longest reigning after Q E II?
4- Who is the most recently ascended European king or queen? (Popes not included)
5- Name at least five political heads of state - not heads of state on paper but those who actually are top politifcal dog in their country (like Obama is here)?
6- Who is the longest serving in consecutive years of any EU government head - again not kings or queens but people like David Cameron - heads of the government.
7- Who is (or was) Georges Marchais?
8- The Schengen Accords were named after this town - why was it symbolically chosen and where is it?
9- The Netherlands is often said to have two capitals - but really only one - why the confusion and where is the effective governmental capital and why is the other city also at times eroneously considered to be the capaital?
10 - France's Marie Le Pen has a famous father - who is he and why is he famous? And why is he often called half blind?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinqueterre
- 2 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 3 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 4 Visit to Engand
- 5 Help with basic itinerary
- 6 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 7 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 8 Final Four
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 11 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 12 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 13 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 17 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 18 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 19 Short Trip to Paris
- 20 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 21 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 22 Parking in Girona
- 23 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 24 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 25 SNCF - low price for summer
Matters of State...