Matters of State...
1- In 1957, six countries signed the Treaty of Rome, which extended the earlier co-operation within the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and created the European Economic Community (EEC), establishing a customs union.>
What were these six countries who created what evolved into today's EU?
2- Name as many European kings or queens - with actual first names - that you can?
3- Of all moarchs who is the 2nd longest reigning after Q E II?
4- Who is the most recently ascended European king or queen? (Popes not included)
5- Name at least five political heads of state - not heads of state on paper but those who actually are top politifcal dog in their country (like Obama is here)?
6- Who is the longest serving in consecutive years of any EU government head - again not kings or queens but people like David Cameron - heads of the government.
7- Who is (or was) Georges Marchais?
8- The Schengen Accords were named after this town - why was it symbolically chosen and where is it?
9- The Netherlands is often said to have two capitals - but really only one - why the confusion and where is the effective governmental capital and why is the other city also at times eroneously considered to be the capaital?
10 - France's Marie Le Pen has a famous father - who is he and why is he famous? And why is he often called half blind?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 3 Itinerary help...
- 4 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 5 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 6 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 9 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 10 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 11 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 12 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 13 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 2 week itinery
- 22 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 23 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 24 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 25 Feedback on Proposed Itinerary
Matters of State...