This quiz is all about France:
1- This French cathedral symbolises the height of architectural endeavour in gothic architecture of the Middle Ages. Ambitious and gravity-defying, the cathedral boasts the record for the highest ceiling in a gothic choir in the Christendom (48.50m). The cathedral also shows the ambition of the builders who were unable to complete it. Starting construction in 1225, the cathedral was meant to be the greatest church in the kingdom but over the centuries construction experienced many problems and structural collapses. What exists today – the choir and the transept – is impressive enough for us to dare to imagine what the finished project would have been. Name this cathedral?
2- The French Railways have three narrow-gauge regular passenger service lines - what are they named and where do they run (which section of France is enough)?
3- This large bread basket of France is a large largely flat agricultural area that rivals the likes of America's midwest - if driving from Orleans to Chartres you pass right thru the heart of it?
4- This Loire castle was during the German Occupation of northern France a conduit to Vichy of Free France - you walk thru the castle entering from the German-occupied side and when you walk straight thru it you exit into Vichy France?
(Interesting side note - my son's mi-mere or grand-mother told me once that when the Germans occupied Orleans, where she and he family were living, everyone in town started putting their belongings on bicycles or push carts and started heading south towards Vichy France but when the German troops caught up to them and told them "return to your homes - we assure you that the boulangeries will be open" - well I guess especially the spector of open bread shops convinced them to all turn around and head home - along with perhaps the subtle urging of the German troops!)
5- D-Day in France (French) is called what?
6- Name as many major Loire castles that are directly on the Loire (over hover over it)?
7- If you want to join the French Foreign Legion what city would you head to?
8- The ?????????? carries a canal over the ????? River on its journey to the River Seine in France. Between 1896 and 2003 it was the longest navigable aqueduct in the World until the opening of the Magdeburg Water Bridge on the Elbe in Germany. It is variously called a "pont-canal" or "aqueduct" preceded by the small town's name it is in. Gustave Eiffel designed part of its lamp posts, etc.
Name the canal or aqueduct as it is also known and the river it crosses and genrally where it is?
9- When you enter a small shop in France it is de rigueuer that you say XXXXXXX on entering and XXXXXXX on leaving? (If you do not you may get this scolding as I have at times heard - "you enter a shop and do not say XXXXXXXXXXX!!!".
10 - ??????? is a commune in the Haute-Marne department in north-eastern France.that is home to the grave/memorial of the late French President Charles De Gaulle?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 2 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 3 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 4 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 5 아시안카지노＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 6 월드카지노＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 7 타짜바카라＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Cash machines ATM
- 11 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 12 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 13 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 14 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 15 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 16 Charming areas to explore in London
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 19 YIKES!
- 20 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 21 travel around Spain
- 22 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 23 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Labor Day in Paris
This quiz is all about France: