1- From Naples to The Royal Palace of ?????, southern Italy, constructed for the Bourbon kings of Naples. It was the largest palace and one of the largest buildings erected in Europe during the 18th century. In 1997, the palace was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, described in its nomination as "the swan song of the spectacular art of the Baroque, from which it adopted all the features needed to create the illusions of multidirectional space". In terms of volume, the Royal Palace of ?????? is the largest royal residence in the world with over 2 million m³ and covers an area of about 47,000 m².- (Wiki) - What is the name of the royal palace?
2- Not far from Paris on the banks of the Oise River is a neat little village where Impressionists painters flocked in the late 1800s - van Gogh came here from the south of France and shot himself in cornfields nearby - what is the name of this town?
3- A short day trip from Madrid goes to this ??????? palace, often dubbed the Spanish Versailles - in between Madrid and Toledo. The Royal Palace of ????? is a residence of the King of Spain, located in the town of ??????, Community of Madrid, Spain. The palace is open to the public as one of the Spanish royal sites. It was commissioned by Philip II and designed by Juan Bautista de Toledo and Juan de Herrera, who also designed El Escorial. It was completed during the reign of Ferdinand VI by the mid-18th century; Charles III had two wings added to it.
The huge gardens, built to relieve its royal residents from the dust and drought of the Spanish meseta using the waters of the adjacent Tagus and Jarama rivers, are Spain's most important of the Habsburg period.
4- an easy day trip from Edinburgh goes west to this regional town with famous castle of which Wiki says: ?????? Castle, located in ??????, is one of the largest and most important castles, both historically and architecturally, in Scotland. 1542. There have been at least eight sieges of ??????, including several during the Wars of Scottish Independence, with the last being in 1746, when Bonnie Prince Charlie unsuccessfully tried to take the castle.
5- a day trip from Florence could go to this famous religious pilgrimage hill town where two famous saints lived and today are revered in their own churches and religious buildings - one of the saints famously talked to birds and animals here - what is the town and what are the two local famous saints?
6- From Nice you can easily day trip to ???????, known as the perfume center of the Riviera - an ancient town well worth it regardless of perfume factories or not!
7- From Copenhagen you can day trip to Roskilde, a sweet liverly regional town best known for what museum?
8- From London a short train ride takes you to ????????? and the ???????? Caves, where some Dr Who episodes were filmed long ago. ??????? Caves is a 22 miles (35 km) long series of tunnels in ???????, in the south eastern suburbs of London. Today they are a tourist attraction and although they are called caves, they are entirely man-made and were dug and used as chalk and flint mines.
9 - If you day tripped from Amsterdam to Enkhuizen, Netherlands, what museum would you most likely be aiming for? (Kind of neat arriving by train you can walk or take a baot to this indoor and open-air museum.)
10 - From Rome : these two towns on the coast south of Rome were at the forefront of the Allies invasion of this part of Italy on January 22, 1944, with the Allied amphibious landing known as Operation Shingle in the Italian Campaign against Germans and Italian forces. One of the towns has a large American military cemetery/memorial.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Norwegian Air?
- 5 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 6 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 7 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 8 Highclare Castle
- 9 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 10 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 11 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 12 Salzburg itinerary review
- 13 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 16 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger