Hello from Australia!
I am going on my first trip to Europe in about a month. Me and my friends bought a eurail global pass (and i am now beginning to see what a bad idea that was). But nevertheless, we are trying to persevere with it. I'm sure you've seen these posts a million times before but we are quite panicked at the difficulty of this whole seat reservation thing.
Eventually in the trip will be leaving Munich to travel to Bern on Friday the 5th of July
The route we have planned is as follows:
Munich Hbf ---> Zurich HB (via austria) ---->Bern
I went to the De Bahn website (http://www.bahn.com/) and tried to book the reservations through there. However, we encountered this message when we just wanted to click "reservation only"
"It is not possible to make a reservation for international connections at www.bahn.de without the purchase of a ticket. Please remove the check mark from the field "Reservation for seat only", if you would like to buy a ticket for this connection. "
whenever i call the "Deutsche Bahn UK Booking Centre" (Tel: +44 8718 80 80 66), they don't pick up the phone. I have called another place in the UK which said they can book it, but it will cost an additional 37 pounds to book (on top of the reservation). I will do this if necessary, but would like to avoid it.
So what do I do? Is it possible to make a reservation for these trains through somewhere. and if so, where??
Thanks so much, i'm getting to my wits end with this.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Purchasing iDTGV tickets at the station
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Acropolis Athens
- 8 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 13 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 We're here!
- 18 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 19 Trip Ideas
- 20 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 21 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 25 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
Hello from Australia!