Hello from Australia!
I am going on my first trip to Europe in about a month. Me and my friends bought a eurail global pass (and i am now beginning to see what a bad idea that was). But nevertheless, we are trying to persevere with it. I'm sure you've seen these posts a million times before but we are quite panicked at the difficulty of this whole seat reservation thing.
Eventually in the trip will be leaving Munich to travel to Bern on Friday the 5th of July
The route we have planned is as follows:
Munich Hbf ---> Zurich HB (via austria) ---->Bern
I went to the De Bahn website (http://www.bahn.com/) and tried to book the reservations through there. However, we encountered this message when we just wanted to click "reservation only"
"It is not possible to make a reservation for international connections at www.bahn.de without the purchase of a ticket. Please remove the check mark from the field "Reservation for seat only", if you would like to buy a ticket for this connection. "
whenever i call the "Deutsche Bahn UK Booking Centre" (Tel: +44 8718 80 80 66), they don't pick up the phone. I have called another place in the UK which said they can book it, but it will cost an additional 37 pounds to book (on top of the reservation). I will do this if necessary, but would like to avoid it.
So what do I do? Is it possible to make a reservation for these trains through somewhere. and if so, where??
Thanks so much, i'm getting to my wits end with this.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 2 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 3 2 weeks Europe trip
- 4 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 7 Transportation
- 8 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 9 4 days in Provence in early June
- 10 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 11 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 12 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 13 Leather goods in Florence
- 14 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 15 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 16 France Itinerary Advice
- 17 dinner jackets
- 18 Trip to Rome
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 21 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 24 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 25 Things to do in Montpellier
Hello from Australia!