Ah the EU once again under fire for some seemingly idiotic ruling they had passes but after the fire storm of criticism it elicted now rescinded.
It's all about olive oil and its integrity - the new rule would have banned the serving of olive oil in cruets or dipping bowls but instead require it to be served only in the original bottle with a screw top on it - this to make sure the olive oil restaurant customers are eating comes from certified EU producers and not some cheaper substitute.
Britain of course was the loudest complainer with even David Cameron saying about the rule "it should not even be on the table" - 'immediately apologizing for the wordplay.'
Ah the EU economies are tanking and this is what they are worried about?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 2 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Santorini lodging
- 7 Milan private guide
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 10 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 13 Italian lakes
- 14 Ronda Wine/biking
- 15 What do after Bernia Express?
- 16 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 17 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 18 Self drive tour companies
- 19 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 20 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 21 Ischia
- 22 9 days in London
- 23 Germany family road trip help!
- 24 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy