Ah the EU once again under fire for some seemingly idiotic ruling they had passes but after the fire storm of criticism it elicted now rescinded.
It's all about olive oil and its integrity - the new rule would have banned the serving of olive oil in cruets or dipping bowls but instead require it to be served only in the original bottle with a screw top on it - this to make sure the olive oil restaurant customers are eating comes from certified EU producers and not some cheaper substitute.
Britain of course was the loudest complainer with even David Cameron saying about the rule "it should not even be on the table" - 'immediately apologizing for the wordplay.'
Ah the EU economies are tanking and this is what they are worried about?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Old European currency
- 2 Brugge hotel help
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 Paris hotels
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 London Hotels
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 12 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 13 Amsterdam hotels
- 14 1 month in Europe
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 18 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 19 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 20 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 21 Denmark or Sweden?
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 25 Which airport for Bellagio?