Ah the EU once again under fire for some seemingly idiotic ruling they had passes but after the fire storm of criticism it elicted now rescinded.
It's all about olive oil and its integrity - the new rule would have banned the serving of olive oil in cruets or dipping bowls but instead require it to be served only in the original bottle with a screw top on it - this to make sure the olive oil restaurant customers are eating comes from certified EU producers and not some cheaper substitute.
Britain of course was the loudest complainer with even David Cameron saying about the rule "it should not even be on the table" - 'immediately apologizing for the wordplay.'
Ah the EU economies are tanking and this is what they are worried about?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Zurich to Milan trip
- 7 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 8 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 9 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 25 Norway Outside the Nutshell