We will be traveling to Italy in May. Our return flight has us traveling from Florence to Frankfurt before heading back to the US. On our previous trips abroad, we haven't had layovers in multiple EU countries on the same flight route, so I am unfamiliar with the procedures.
(1) Will we need to go through passport control or customs in Frankfurt?
Additionally, United recently switch our flights around. Our original flight had a 2.5 hour layover in Frankfurt. Our new The new flight has a 50 min. layover. Originally we were flying Lufthansa from Florence to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to the US (United codeshare). We are now flying Lufthansa from Florence to Frankfurt, and United from Frankfurt to the US.
(2) Are the United and Lufthansa planes in the same terminal?
(3) If not, is 50 min. enough time to deboard and get to the terminal where the United planes are?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday