We will be traveling to Italy in May. Our return flight has us traveling from Florence to Frankfurt before heading back to the US. On our previous trips abroad, we haven't had layovers in multiple EU countries on the same flight route, so I am unfamiliar with the procedures.
(1) Will we need to go through passport control or customs in Frankfurt?
Additionally, United recently switch our flights around. Our original flight had a 2.5 hour layover in Frankfurt. Our new The new flight has a 50 min. layover. Originally we were flying Lufthansa from Florence to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to the US (United codeshare). We are now flying Lufthansa from Florence to Frankfurt, and United from Frankfurt to the US.
(2) Are the United and Lufthansa planes in the same terminal?
(3) If not, is 50 min. enough time to deboard and get to the terminal where the United planes are?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Europe trip
- 2 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 3 dinner jackets
- 4 Piedmont as a destination
- 5 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 The specific levels of existence
- 8 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 9 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 12 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Cordoba Overnight?
- 15 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 16 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 17 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 18 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 19 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 20 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 21 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 22 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 25 Shoes for little feet in Spain