We will be traveling to Italy in May. Our return flight has us traveling from Florence to Frankfurt before heading back to the US. On our previous trips abroad, we haven't had layovers in multiple EU countries on the same flight route, so I am unfamiliar with the procedures.
(1) Will we need to go through passport control or customs in Frankfurt?
Additionally, United recently switch our flights around. Our original flight had a 2.5 hour layover in Frankfurt. Our new The new flight has a 50 min. layover. Originally we were flying Lufthansa from Florence to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to the US (United codeshare). We are now flying Lufthansa from Florence to Frankfurt, and United from Frankfurt to the US.
(2) Are the United and Lufthansa planes in the same terminal?
(3) If not, is 50 min. enough time to deboard and get to the terminal where the United planes are?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Valencia Spain
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 10 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 11 Rome Water Shortage
- 12 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 13 Getting around London
- 14 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 15 The DCC scam is spreading
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Train travel to and from Paris
- 18 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 19 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 20 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 23 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 24 Vigo Spain????
- 25 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace