I am currently in Europe and have about 6 weeks left in the Schengen area. While in Italy, I wanted to inquire about getting my Italian citizenship since my grandfather is a citizen. After all the required documents were obtained, I was told I needed to live in Italy for 3 months to get full citizenship.
My question is: How can I live in Italy for 3 months if the limit is 90 days in the Schengen area? I understand that I could leave in 6 weeks, wait 3 months, then come back. However, travel expenses add up.
Any one have similar experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SKYPE@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 6 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland