I am currently in Europe and have about 6 weeks left in the Schengen area. While in Italy, I wanted to inquire about getting my Italian citizenship since my grandfather is a citizen. After all the required documents were obtained, I was told I needed to live in Italy for 3 months to get full citizenship.
My question is: How can I live in Italy for 3 months if the limit is 90 days in the Schengen area? I understand that I could leave in 6 weeks, wait 3 months, then come back. However, travel expenses add up.
Any one have similar experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 2 where to stay in London?
- 3 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 4 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 5 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Cutback on Spain trip
- 8 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 13 driving from ancona to rome
- 14 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 15 Croatia transportation question.
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 20 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 2017 Easter in Italy
- 23 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 24 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 25 Suggested Italy Itinerary