Sorry this may be a bit self -indulgent, nevertheless here it goes. I nearly flattened myself while crossing the street to the London Eye, and managed to twist the heck out of my ankle while simultaneously flinging my purse at some poor unsuspecting pedestrian. Which landed several feet into oncoming traffic, the purse not the pedestrian. I managed a pathetic, "Well at least I didn't fall", to which I was greeted with looks of pity, digust and bewilderment. That said, I spent the rest of my trip wearing very appropriate shoes and icing my swollen knee whenever possible. The Lesson being leave the high shoes to the people who can trek cobblestones and potholes with panache. Too bad I fell, because I looked good! PS I blame my husband and the soccer match between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, both of which delayed my arrival to the London Eye. To add insult to injury, my husband and son went on the Eye before my daughter and I could limp to it. That said the views were spectacular and my knee is healing. My husband however is still in the doghouse.
Epic display of "swan like grace" as I nearly fall in the streets of London as passerbys gasp in horror and delight. OR Why not to wear 3 inch wedge shoes while hustling to the London Eye.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 2 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 3 Rolling bags in Venice
- 4 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 5 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 6 Greece after the Vote
- 7 please advise on 9 days in Iceland
- 8 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 9 Big and little towns of Europe
- 10 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 11 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 12 Dijon/Lyon/Strasbourg
- 13 16 day Trip to Spain - Advise on Itinerary
- 14 Two Week Trip from Southern France to Northern Italy
- 15 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 16 GPS with rental car in Europe
- 17 Amboise to Carcassonne, where to stop?
- 18 Germany for 3 weeks
- 19 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 20 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 21 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 22 Tell me about Manchester
- 23 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 24 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 25 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?