Sorry this may be a bit self -indulgent, nevertheless here it goes. I nearly flattened myself while crossing the street to the London Eye, and managed to twist the heck out of my ankle while simultaneously flinging my purse at some poor unsuspecting pedestrian. Which landed several feet into oncoming traffic, the purse not the pedestrian. I managed a pathetic, "Well at least I didn't fall", to which I was greeted with looks of pity, digust and bewilderment. That said, I spent the rest of my trip wearing very appropriate shoes and icing my swollen knee whenever possible. The Lesson being leave the high shoes to the people who can trek cobblestones and potholes with panache. Too bad I fell, because I looked good! PS I blame my husband and the soccer match between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, both of which delayed my arrival to the London Eye. To add insult to injury, my husband and son went on the Eye before my daughter and I could limp to it. That said the views were spectacular and my knee is healing. My husband however is still in the doghouse.
Epic display of "swan like grace" as I nearly fall in the streets of London as passerbys gasp in horror and delight. OR Why not to wear 3 inch wedge shoes while hustling to the London Eye.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 3 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 4 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 5 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 6 Italy dolomites
- 7 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 8 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 9 Scuol, Switzerland
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 12 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 13 5 Observations About Paris
- 14 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 15 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 18 Switzerland help...?
- 19 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 20 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 21 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Sicily in a winter
- 24 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?