Sorry this may be a bit self -indulgent, nevertheless here it goes. I nearly flattened myself while crossing the street to the London Eye, and managed to twist the heck out of my ankle while simultaneously flinging my purse at some poor unsuspecting pedestrian. Which landed several feet into oncoming traffic, the purse not the pedestrian. I managed a pathetic, "Well at least I didn't fall", to which I was greeted with looks of pity, digust and bewilderment. That said, I spent the rest of my trip wearing very appropriate shoes and icing my swollen knee whenever possible. The Lesson being leave the high shoes to the people who can trek cobblestones and potholes with panache. Too bad I fell, because I looked good! PS I blame my husband and the soccer match between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, both of which delayed my arrival to the London Eye. To add insult to injury, my husband and son went on the Eye before my daughter and I could limp to it. That said the views were spectacular and my knee is healing. My husband however is still in the doghouse.
Epic display of "swan like grace" as I nearly fall in the streets of London as passerbys gasp in horror and delight. OR Why not to wear 3 inch wedge shoes while hustling to the London Eye.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 Travel by train or bus
- 8 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 Planning a holiday
- 11 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 12 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 13 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 14 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 15 Advises for trip to Russia
- 16 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges
- 19 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 20 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 21 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 22 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 23 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 24 Driving where to stop question June 2014
- 25 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?