Sorry this may be a bit self -indulgent, nevertheless here it goes. I nearly flattened myself while crossing the street to the London Eye, and managed to twist the heck out of my ankle while simultaneously flinging my purse at some poor unsuspecting pedestrian. Which landed several feet into oncoming traffic, the purse not the pedestrian. I managed a pathetic, "Well at least I didn't fall", to which I was greeted with looks of pity, digust and bewilderment. That said, I spent the rest of my trip wearing very appropriate shoes and icing my swollen knee whenever possible. The Lesson being leave the high shoes to the people who can trek cobblestones and potholes with panache. Too bad I fell, because I looked good! PS I blame my husband and the soccer match between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, both of which delayed my arrival to the London Eye. To add insult to injury, my husband and son went on the Eye before my daughter and I could limp to it. That said the views were spectacular and my knee is healing. My husband however is still in the doghouse.
Epic display of "swan like grace" as I nearly fall in the streets of London as passerbys gasp in horror and delight. OR Why not to wear 3 inch wedge shoes while hustling to the London Eye.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-6 weeks
- 2 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 3 Venice Banning Fodors
- 4 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 5 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Eiffel tower tickets
- 10 Rome---August and September
- 11 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 14 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 18 France, Italy and Greec
- 19 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 South of France November Trip Report
- 23 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 24 Clearsky Holidays
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer