Sorry this may be a bit self -indulgent, nevertheless here it goes. I nearly flattened myself while crossing the street to the London Eye, and managed to twist the heck out of my ankle while simultaneously flinging my purse at some poor unsuspecting pedestrian. Which landed several feet into oncoming traffic, the purse not the pedestrian. I managed a pathetic, "Well at least I didn't fall", to which I was greeted with looks of pity, digust and bewilderment. That said, I spent the rest of my trip wearing very appropriate shoes and icing my swollen knee whenever possible. The Lesson being leave the high shoes to the people who can trek cobblestones and potholes with panache. Too bad I fell, because I looked good! PS I blame my husband and the soccer match between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, both of which delayed my arrival to the London Eye. To add insult to injury, my husband and son went on the Eye before my daughter and I could limp to it. That said the views were spectacular and my knee is healing. My husband however is still in the doghouse.
Epic display of "swan like grace" as I nearly fall in the streets of London as passerbys gasp in horror and delight. OR Why not to wear 3 inch wedge shoes while hustling to the London Eye.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 2 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 3 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 4 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 5 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 6 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 7 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 8 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 9 going to italy
- 10 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 11 How do you find French food?
- 12 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 13 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 16 where to stay in Germany
- 17 Iceland for 2.5 weeks till mid october : Advice please
- 18 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 19 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 20 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 21 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 22 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 23 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 24 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 25 Fine with a rental car in Italy