Sorry this may be a bit self -indulgent, nevertheless here it goes. I nearly flattened myself while crossing the street to the London Eye, and managed to twist the heck out of my ankle while simultaneously flinging my purse at some poor unsuspecting pedestrian. Which landed several feet into oncoming traffic, the purse not the pedestrian. I managed a pathetic, "Well at least I didn't fall", to which I was greeted with looks of pity, digust and bewilderment. That said, I spent the rest of my trip wearing very appropriate shoes and icing my swollen knee whenever possible. The Lesson being leave the high shoes to the people who can trek cobblestones and potholes with panache. Too bad I fell, because I looked good! PS I blame my husband and the soccer match between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, both of which delayed my arrival to the London Eye. To add insult to injury, my husband and son went on the Eye before my daughter and I could limp to it. That said the views were spectacular and my knee is healing. My husband however is still in the doghouse.
Epic display of "swan like grace" as I nearly fall in the streets of London as passerbys gasp in horror and delight. OR Why not to wear 3 inch wedge shoes while hustling to the London Eye.
- 1 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 2 Ireland Trip - Final Decision
- 3 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 4 Help me with Dali and Costa Brava itinerary from Barcelona
- 5 Medieval castles dinner from Galway
- 6 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 7 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 8 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 Paris metro
- 11 Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
- 12 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 13 Beauty Products in France?!
- 14 Soloing Russian Winter - The Travel Tips
- 15 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 16 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 17 Four Days in Seville
- 18 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 19 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 20 Help with itenerary
- 21 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 22 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 23 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 24 Rome Airport to Amalfi Coast
- 25 2 Week Trip to France - Please Help Me Stu Dudley