I arrived in Ireland 30 August for the start of a study semester.
I am a US citisen, studying in the UK (with a UK study visa) who is on an exchange semester in Ireland.
When I arrived in Dublin, the immigration officer asked me how long I would be there,
I told her I will leave at the end of my semester in 30 Nov.
She then stamped my passport showing that I have permission to remain in Ireland until 30 November.
I had expected to need to register at the GNIB, but after seeing the stamp gives me permission to remain until the end of my semester, I think the immigration officer gave me a pass on that whole process.
Here's my question...I am taking two trips during my semester. One to the US and one to the UK.
Will my leaving and entering back into Ireland twice be a problem even though I haven't registered at the GNIB? I tried to ask this of the immigration office, and she seemed to say yes, but I'm not sure she understood my question in that I'm traveling from and to Ireland at the end of October and soon after in early November before leaving 'permanently' on 30 November.
What do you think? Would you expect me to have any problems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused on which train pass
- 2 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 3 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 4 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 7 Best of Norway
- 8 Bus Strike
- 9 Train up the Jungfrau
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 13 travel around Spain
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 16 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 17 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 18 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 19 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 20 Another Question re Scotland
- 21 Dalmation coast in October?
- 22 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 24 Where to stay in Umbria
- 25 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi