I arrived in Ireland 30 August for the start of a study semester.
I am a US citisen, studying in the UK (with a UK study visa) who is on an exchange semester in Ireland.
When I arrived in Dublin, the immigration officer asked me how long I would be there,
I told her I will leave at the end of my semester in 30 Nov.
She then stamped my passport showing that I have permission to remain in Ireland until 30 November.
I had expected to need to register at the GNIB, but after seeing the stamp gives me permission to remain until the end of my semester, I think the immigration officer gave me a pass on that whole process.
Here's my question...I am taking two trips during my semester. One to the US and one to the UK.
Will my leaving and entering back into Ireland twice be a problem even though I haven't registered at the GNIB? I tried to ask this of the immigration office, and she seemed to say yes, but I'm not sure she understood my question in that I'm traveling from and to Ireland at the end of October and soon after in early November before leaving 'permanently' on 30 November.
What do you think? Would you expect me to have any problems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 20 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 celticmoon, a quick question
- 24 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 25 B&B in Ireland