I arrived in Ireland 30 August for the start of a study semester.
I am a US citisen, studying in the UK (with a UK study visa) who is on an exchange semester in Ireland.
When I arrived in Dublin, the immigration officer asked me how long I would be there,
I told her I will leave at the end of my semester in 30 Nov.
She then stamped my passport showing that I have permission to remain in Ireland until 30 November.
I had expected to need to register at the GNIB, but after seeing the stamp gives me permission to remain until the end of my semester, I think the immigration officer gave me a pass on that whole process.
Here's my question...I am taking two trips during my semester. One to the US and one to the UK.
Will my leaving and entering back into Ireland twice be a problem even though I haven't registered at the GNIB? I tried to ask this of the immigration office, and she seemed to say yes, but I'm not sure she understood my question in that I'm traveling from and to Ireland at the end of October and soon after in early November before leaving 'permanently' on 30 November.
What do you think? Would you expect me to have any problems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 4 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Naples + Walking Tour
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 16 days in France and Italy
- 10 Paris for children
- 11 Madrid food advice needed
- 12 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 18 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 19 IWM
- 20 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 21 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 22 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 23 One July night in Verona - help!
- 24 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 25 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?