I arrived in Ireland 30 August for the start of a study semester.
I am a US citisen, studying in the UK (with a UK study visa) who is on an exchange semester in Ireland.
When I arrived in Dublin, the immigration officer asked me how long I would be there,
I told her I will leave at the end of my semester in 30 Nov.
She then stamped my passport showing that I have permission to remain in Ireland until 30 November.
I had expected to need to register at the GNIB, but after seeing the stamp gives me permission to remain until the end of my semester, I think the immigration officer gave me a pass on that whole process.
Here's my question...I am taking two trips during my semester. One to the US and one to the UK.
Will my leaving and entering back into Ireland twice be a problem even though I haven't registered at the GNIB? I tried to ask this of the immigration office, and she seemed to say yes, but I'm not sure she understood my question in that I'm traveling from and to Ireland at the end of October and soon after in early November before leaving 'permanently' on 30 November.
What do you think? Would you expect me to have any problems?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris cooking classes
- 2 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 3 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 4 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 5 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 6 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking