I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Enough Time for Normandy and Versailles
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland
- 2 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 3 One week in Venice - trips
- 4 9 days in turkey
- 5 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 8 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 9 Itinerary Help!
- 10 UK for 12 days !
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 17 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 18 tour guides in rome
- 19 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 20 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 21 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 22 Day trip on the Rhine
- 23 poland to switzerland
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!