I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 2 Norway accessories and must have
- 3 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 4 Greece in 15 Days
- 5 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 6 Naples or Genoa
- 7 BNL machines in Italy
- 8 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 9 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 10 BNL ATMs
- 11 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 12 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 13 Planning Advice!
- 14 Driving Vespa's in Florence
- 15 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 16 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 17 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 18 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 19 Our European adventures
- 20 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 1 day trip from Nice
- 23 Norway holiday locations
- 24 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 25 Help with itinerary