I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin
- 2 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 5 Uber vs. TfL
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 8 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 9 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 10 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 14 Berlin -clubs
- 15 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 16 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 19 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 20 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 21 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 22 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Trains in Italy