I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Enough Time for Normandy and Versailles
- 1 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 2 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 3 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 4 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 5 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 6 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 7 Has anyone used zstay.com? Are they reputable?
- 8 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 9 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 10 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 11 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 12 Istanbul in April
- 13 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 14 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 15 Hotel problems in Barcelona Gothic Quarter - Must Read
- 16 Paris Recommendations
- 17 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 18 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 19 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 20 day trips from Stuttgart
- 21 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 22 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 23 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 24 Retirement Vacation
- 25 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!