I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Enough Time for Normandy and Versailles
- 1 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 4 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 5 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Advises for trip to Russia
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 12 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 13 Planning a holiday
- 14 London at Easter
- 15 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 18 Traveling within Italy
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 21 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 22 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 25 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)