I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loire Valley itinerary
- 2 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 3 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 4 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 5 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 6 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 7 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 8 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 9 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 10 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 11 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 12 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 13 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 14 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 15 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 16 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 17 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 18 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 19 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 20 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 21 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 22 Breakfast: London
- 23 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 24 Travel plan help in Germany
- 25 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?