I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 2 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 3 Gluten Free in Italy
- 4 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 5 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 6 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 7 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 8 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 9 A few last minute questions
- 10 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 11 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 12 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 13 The Bridges of Wroclaw
- 14 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 15 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 16 Sentimental Journey
- 17 Stay in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi?
- 18 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 19 Portugal trains
- 20 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 21 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 22 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 23 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 24 Swiss German
- 25 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed