I'm planning a trip (Paris to Nice to London) for the first week in September with a friend. I've been to Paris twice. For my friend this is her first trip. We'll be spending basically three days in Paris (counting the day that we arrive super early in the morning) and I'm wondering if we might have time to see both Versailles and the D-Day beaches at Normandy. Normandy is the one thing I have wanted to see and have not done, yet. I have not seen Versailles. Not really interested in seeing it, but my friend does. At the top of her Paris list is the Effiel Tower, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. Otherwise she's happy to see whatever. Keep in mind she's not a museum person, but feels she should go to the Louvre to see some of the more famous pieces of artwork. I can see her not wanting to spend more than a couple of hours there.
Is it pushing our travel luck to try and do few Paris sites, Versailles, and the D-Day beaches over three days? It's her first trip to Paris so I'll bypass the Normandy trip if we can't make it work, but I'd like to hear other suggestions and thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 3 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 4 Barcelona extension
- 5 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 6 France for a month in 2017
- 7 Exploring Extraordinary Extremadura
- 8 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 9 Naples or Genoa
- 10 Stockholm Transport/ tours- Port Vartahamnen
- 11 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 12 a few hours in Stockholm
- 13 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 14 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 15 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 16 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 17 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 18 Vuerling airlines
- 19 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 20 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 21 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 22 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 23 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 24 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 25 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?