Two ladies sixty-ish, fairly active but one has some health issues that limit stamina and mean we have to plan more rest time that we otherwise would. Prefer to take train to Windemere...better to fly in to London or Manchester??? Also prefer not to drive...looking at the fairly extensive hop-on/hop-off buses. Very interested in scenery, Beatrix Potter, Wordsworth. Considering basing ourselves in Ambleside, Keswick or Coniston. What months would be best for travel? Any other suggestions?
England's Lake District
- 1 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 2 Foggia Day Trip
- 3 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 4 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 5 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 6 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 7 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 8 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 9 London at Xmas
- 10 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 11 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 12 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 13 Almalfi in Late March??
- 14 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 15 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 16 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 17 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 18 Trip to London
- 19 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 20 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 21 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 22 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 23 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 24 Backpacking through Europe
- 25 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?