Two ladies sixty-ish, fairly active but one has some health issues that limit stamina and mean we have to plan more rest time that we otherwise would. Prefer to take train to Windemere...better to fly in to London or Manchester??? Also prefer not to drive...looking at the fairly extensive hop-on/hop-off buses. Very interested in scenery, Beatrix Potter, Wordsworth. Considering basing ourselves in Ambleside, Keswick or Coniston. What months would be best for travel? Any other suggestions?
England's Lake District
- 1 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 2 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 3 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 4 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 5 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 6 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 7 Tour-Free Travel
- 8 Suggestions for France Italy
- 9 An American’s nightmare with Russian visa
- 10 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 11 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 12 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 13 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 14 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 15 Rhine River Intinerary
- 16 Cera 23 in Barcelona
- 17 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 18 15 days in Central Europe
- 19 France in 7 days
- 20 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 21 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 22 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 23 tickets- Cap du Roig festival, Palafrugell, Spain
- 24 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 25 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!