I'm planning a trip with some girlfriends and we will be in Scotland for 2 days and England for 3 days. In England we'll mostly be around London and Oxford. We've been to both before, along with other cites: Bath, Salisbury, and Blenheim. I'm wanting to visit the Cotswolds- any recommendations on which towns to visit to get the quintessential English country visit? And what's the best way of getting there from London? What other cities should we see near London? We like the historical stuff, gardens, and castles. But kind of worried it'll turn into "seen one, you've seen them all" so if there is anything that is a must see please let me know!
England sites not to miss
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 2 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 3 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 4 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 5 Renting an apt.
- 6 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 7 Northern Italy Planner's Block -- Help!
- 8 Best london location to stay?
- 9 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 10 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 11 A guide to Madrid
- 12 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 13 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 14 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 15 VIGO, SPAIN
- 16 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 17 Best place to base in Côte d'Azûr
- 18 Potential trip - Balkans
- 19 Scotland and northern England
- 20 Things to do round Potes, Picos de Europa
- 21 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 22 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 23 Bus Croatia
- 24 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 25 April in Madrid