I'm planning a trip with some girlfriends and we will be in Scotland for 2 days and England for 3 days. In England we'll mostly be around London and Oxford. We've been to both before, along with other cites: Bath, Salisbury, and Blenheim. I'm wanting to visit the Cotswolds- any recommendations on which towns to visit to get the quintessential English country visit? And what's the best way of getting there from London? What other cities should we see near London? We like the historical stuff, gardens, and castles. But kind of worried it'll turn into "seen one, you've seen them all" so if there is anything that is a must see please let me know!
England sites not to miss
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Spain, late May
- 2 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 3 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 4 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 5 history museums or locations
- 6 Good times in Munich, the city
- 7 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 8 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 9 Day roadtrips from Munich base
- 10 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 11 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 12 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 13 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 14 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 15 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 16 5 Observations About Paris
- 17 Lake Como transportation questions
- 18 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 19 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 20 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 21 Iwango went…to Nice
- 22 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 23 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 24 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 25 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam