So I am planning a trip to the UK to celebrate my husband passing his boards in June 2017. We are going for 17 Days we are arriving June 14th in Dublin at 10:30am( taking a 7:30pm flight from Boston). I plan on sleeping the majority of the flight so that we don't waste much of the first day. Then we leave June 30th out of Dublin again at 8:30am.
Stay at castles or Bed and Breakfasts
I would like to rent a car as I will have a baby and 3 year old with me and a stroller.
What I want to see:
2. Isle of Sky
4. Lock Ness
6. National Museum of Scotland
7. Royal Mile
8. Palace of Holyroodhouse
9. Culloden Battlefield
10. The Highlands
11. Jacobite Train
1. The Eye
2. The Tower
3. The Natural History Museum
4. Harry Potter Studio Tour( most important for my husband)
5. My husband wants to stay one night at the Georgian House Hotel in a Harry Potter themed room.
8. Hampton Court Palace
Ireland We don't want to spend more than 3-4 days total here and don't have to do all these things)
2. St. Patricks Cathedral
3. Blarney Castle
4. Dublin Castle
5. Cliffs of Moher
I understand that I want to cover a lot of ground in a relatively short amount of time. My husband was only allowed to take this amount of time away from work (I had wanted 22 days). I don't mind puttering around a city or missing some of the things on my list, but we wake very early anyways at home and are very active so I think that should help with getting the most out of our trip. You may wonder why I am flying into Dublin.. not my first choice but I got a fantastic deal on the flight ($500 a person including tax)! I do not mind using a budget airline to go from England back to Dublin the day before we leave. I thought if we rent a car in Dublin when we arrive we can take it on the ferry across to Scotland( or even get one in Scotland) and then drive through all our stops ending in London. This way I can plan our trip based on driving from Scotland to London. Also I was thinking of getting the London pass and spending 3 days in London. Any thoughts? Input? What to see and not waste my time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (USA) Te*ch SUPP0RT COMCAST Mail CONTACT 1:8OO:385 :4895 Reset Password
- 2 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 3 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 4 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 5 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 6 TSA Precheck
- 7 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 8 Couscous
- 9 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 10 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 11 Help me make this possible!
- 12 Nice central hotel for single woman in Rome?
- 13 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 14 Where in Greece
- 15 Italian lake cruise
- 16 Vatican tour
- 17 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 18 Lisbon
- 19 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 20 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 Tuscany Itinerary
- 25 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017