So I am planning a trip to the UK to celebrate my husband passing his boards in June 2017. We are going for 17 Days we are arriving June 14th in Dublin at 10:30am( taking a 7:30pm flight from Boston). I plan on sleeping the majority of the flight so that we don't waste much of the first day. Then we leave June 30th out of Dublin again at 8:30am.
Stay at castles or Bed and Breakfasts
I would like to rent a car as I will have a baby and 3 year old with me and a stroller.
What I want to see:
2. Isle of Sky
4. Lock Ness
6. National Museum of Scotland
7. Royal Mile
8. Palace of Holyroodhouse
9. Culloden Battlefield
10. The Highlands
11. Jacobite Train
1. The Eye
2. The Tower
3. The Natural History Museum
4. Harry Potter Studio Tour( most important for my husband)
5. My husband wants to stay one night at the Georgian House Hotel in a Harry Potter themed room.
8. Hampton Court Palace
Ireland We don't want to spend more than 3-4 days total here and don't have to do all these things)
2. St. Patricks Cathedral
3. Blarney Castle
4. Dublin Castle
5. Cliffs of Moher
I understand that I want to cover a lot of ground in a relatively short amount of time. My husband was only allowed to take this amount of time away from work (I had wanted 22 days). I don't mind puttering around a city or missing some of the things on my list, but we wake very early anyways at home and are very active so I think that should help with getting the most out of our trip. You may wonder why I am flying into Dublin.. not my first choice but I got a fantastic deal on the flight ($500 a person including tax)! I do not mind using a budget airline to go from England back to Dublin the day before we leave. I thought if we rent a car in Dublin when we arrive we can take it on the ferry across to Scotland( or even get one in Scotland) and then drive through all our stops ending in London. This way I can plan our trip based on driving from Scotland to London. Also I was thinking of getting the London pass and spending 3 days in London. Any thoughts? Input? What to see and not waste my time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt to UK
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 God Save the Queen?
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 14 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 24 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 25 Iceland