So I am planning a trip to the UK to celebrate my husband passing his boards in June 2017. We are going for 17 Days we are arriving June 14th in Dublin at 10:30am( taking a 7:30pm flight from Boston). I plan on sleeping the majority of the flight so that we don't waste much of the first day. Then we leave June 30th out of Dublin again at 8:30am.
Stay at castles or Bed and Breakfasts
I would like to rent a car as I will have a baby and 3 year old with me and a stroller.
What I want to see:
2. Isle of Sky
4. Lock Ness
6. National Museum of Scotland
7. Royal Mile
8. Palace of Holyroodhouse
9. Culloden Battlefield
10. The Highlands
11. Jacobite Train
1. The Eye
2. The Tower
3. The Natural History Museum
4. Harry Potter Studio Tour( most important for my husband)
5. My husband wants to stay one night at the Georgian House Hotel in a Harry Potter themed room.
8. Hampton Court Palace
Ireland We don't want to spend more than 3-4 days total here and don't have to do all these things)
2. St. Patricks Cathedral
3. Blarney Castle
4. Dublin Castle
5. Cliffs of Moher
I understand that I want to cover a lot of ground in a relatively short amount of time. My husband was only allowed to take this amount of time away from work (I had wanted 22 days). I don't mind puttering around a city or missing some of the things on my list, but we wake very early anyways at home and are very active so I think that should help with getting the most out of our trip. You may wonder why I am flying into Dublin.. not my first choice but I got a fantastic deal on the flight ($500 a person including tax)! I do not mind using a budget airline to go from England back to Dublin the day before we leave. I thought if we rent a car in Dublin when we arrive we can take it on the ferry across to Scotland( or even get one in Scotland) and then drive through all our stops ending in London. This way I can plan our trip based on driving from Scotland to London. Also I was thinking of getting the London pass and spending 3 days in London. Any thoughts? Input? What to see and not waste my time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 Granada to Madrid
- 3 First trip to Italy
- 4 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 5 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 10 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 11 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 12 Driving in Italy?
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 15 Croatia trip Planning
- 16 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 So much to do, so little time!
- 18 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 19 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 20 English Countryside
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 25 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass