So I am planning a trip to the UK to celebrate my husband passing his boards in June 2017. We are going for 17 Days we are arriving June 14th in Dublin at 10:30am( taking a 7:30pm flight from Boston). I plan on sleeping the majority of the flight so that we don't waste much of the first day. Then we leave June 30th out of Dublin again at 8:30am.
Stay at castles or Bed and Breakfasts
I would like to rent a car as I will have a baby and 3 year old with me and a stroller.
What I want to see:
2. Isle of Sky
4. Lock Ness
6. National Museum of Scotland
7. Royal Mile
8. Palace of Holyroodhouse
9. Culloden Battlefield
10. The Highlands
11. Jacobite Train
1. The Eye
2. The Tower
3. The Natural History Museum
4. Harry Potter Studio Tour( most important for my husband)
5. My husband wants to stay one night at the Georgian House Hotel in a Harry Potter themed room.
8. Hampton Court Palace
Ireland We don't want to spend more than 3-4 days total here and don't have to do all these things)
2. St. Patricks Cathedral
3. Blarney Castle
4. Dublin Castle
5. Cliffs of Moher
I understand that I want to cover a lot of ground in a relatively short amount of time. My husband was only allowed to take this amount of time away from work (I had wanted 22 days). I don't mind puttering around a city or missing some of the things on my list, but we wake very early anyways at home and are very active so I think that should help with getting the most out of our trip. You may wonder why I am flying into Dublin.. not my first choice but I got a fantastic deal on the flight ($500 a person including tax)! I do not mind using a budget airline to go from England back to Dublin the day before we leave. I thought if we rent a car in Dublin when we arrive we can take it on the ferry across to Scotland( or even get one in Scotland) and then drive through all our stops ending in London. This way I can plan our trip based on driving from Scotland to London. Also I was thinking of getting the London pass and spending 3 days in London. Any thoughts? Input? What to see and not waste my time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with basic itinerary
- 2 favorite app for converting US $$
- 3 One week in London with kids
- 4 credit and debit cards
- 5 Charming areas to explore in London
- 6 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 7 Light weight small converter?
- 8 One Day in Vienna
- 9 Best Tour to see Pisa and Cinque Terra
- 10 Wake Up Mods
- 11 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 12 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 13 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 14 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 15 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 16 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 17 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 18 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 19 a week in Lombardia
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 21 Hotels in Florence
- 22 Trip in September
- 23 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 24 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 25 Greece and Italy Combo