We rent a car in Europe at least once a year and always use AutoEurope. On their site, I've been looking at our trip where we will pick up a car in Liverpool and drop off in Cambridge.
They offer two pick up locations in Liverpool, and they are both fairly far from our hotel. We will probably have to taxi to a rental in any case, but mapping sites show both of these pick up locations at over 20 minutes away by car.
There are several rental places much closer to our hotel. I wonder who others use in England for rentals with drop-offs in second locations.
I see that Sixt has an office near our hotel.
Any recommendations? Any special things to consider when renting in England? We have rented in England maybe four times before, but always used AutoEurope.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 4 Lisbon
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 8 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Road trip with our dog
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 24 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 25 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area