I am planning an 8-9 day trip with husband and children ages 13 and 18 in June. The current plan is to arrive at London Heathrow, rent a car and stay in Bath 2 nights, then return car to Heathrow, take a train into London for 2-3 nights, then Eurostar to Paris for 3-4 nights, then fly home from Paris. Would it make sense to return the car in London rather than Heathrow if we stay in Kensington area? Or should we stay in London for the first few nights then head to the English country side for a few nights then head to Paris? Also, we could reverse the trip by flying into Paris, then return home to US from London.
We would like to see Bath, Stonehenge, Chipping Campden or another quant Cotswold village, the main tourist sights in London and Paris, with a day trip to Versailles.
I'm exhausted just thinking about this itinerary, let alone trying to execute it without too many glitches!
Advice on how to streamline this would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 2 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Madrird and Seville
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 7 Greece
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 11 Lake Como AREA questions
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 15 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 16 Help on ancient history route
- 17 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 20 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Spain - day driver advice
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 25 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August