I am planning an 8-9 day trip with husband and children ages 13 and 18 in June. The current plan is to arrive at London Heathrow, rent a car and stay in Bath 2 nights, then return car to Heathrow, take a train into London for 2-3 nights, then Eurostar to Paris for 3-4 nights, then fly home from Paris. Would it make sense to return the car in London rather than Heathrow if we stay in Kensington area? Or should we stay in London for the first few nights then head to the English country side for a few nights then head to Paris? Also, we could reverse the trip by flying into Paris, then return home to US from London.
We would like to see Bath, Stonehenge, Chipping Campden or another quant Cotswold village, the main tourist sights in London and Paris, with a day trip to Versailles.
I'm exhausted just thinking about this itinerary, let alone trying to execute it without too many glitches!
Advice on how to streamline this would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 2 Last minute trip to Capri
- 3 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 5 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 8 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 9 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 12 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 13 London Theater
- 14 Salzburg itinerary review
- 15 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 16 Poland to Austria In December
- 17 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 18 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 19 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 20 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Norwegian Air?
- 25 Highclare Castle