I am planning an 8-9 day trip with husband and children ages 13 and 18 in June. The current plan is to arrive at London Heathrow, rent a car and stay in Bath 2 nights, then return car to Heathrow, take a train into London for 2-3 nights, then Eurostar to Paris for 3-4 nights, then fly home from Paris. Would it make sense to return the car in London rather than Heathrow if we stay in Kensington area? Or should we stay in London for the first few nights then head to the English country side for a few nights then head to Paris? Also, we could reverse the trip by flying into Paris, then return home to US from London.
We would like to see Bath, Stonehenge, Chipping Campden or another quant Cotswold village, the main tourist sights in London and Paris, with a day trip to Versailles.
I'm exhausted just thinking about this itinerary, let alone trying to execute it without too many glitches!
Advice on how to streamline this would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Alps and UK
- 2 Scotland Trip
- 3 Azores in February
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 7 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 8 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 9 Lisbon trip report
- 10 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 11 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 12 Ireland in April
- 13 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 14 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 19 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 20 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 23 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 24 So much to do, so little time!
- 25 Tour of Northern Italy