I am planning an 8-9 day trip with husband and children ages 13 and 18 in June. The current plan is to arrive at London Heathrow, rent a car and stay in Bath 2 nights, then return car to Heathrow, take a train into London for 2-3 nights, then Eurostar to Paris for 3-4 nights, then fly home from Paris. Would it make sense to return the car in London rather than Heathrow if we stay in Kensington area? Or should we stay in London for the first few nights then head to the English country side for a few nights then head to Paris? Also, we could reverse the trip by flying into Paris, then return home to US from London.
We would like to see Bath, Stonehenge, Chipping Campden or another quant Cotswold village, the main tourist sights in London and Paris, with a day trip to Versailles.
I'm exhausted just thinking about this itinerary, let alone trying to execute it without too many glitches!
Advice on how to streamline this would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 Sundays in Puglia
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Prague
- 12 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 15 What tips can you give about packing?
- 16 Sim Card Options
- 17 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 18 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 19 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 20 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 21 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 22 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 25 Scotland in 7 Days