I am planning an 8-9 day trip with husband and children ages 13 and 18 in June. The current plan is to arrive at London Heathrow, rent a car and stay in Bath 2 nights, then return car to Heathrow, take a train into London for 2-3 nights, then Eurostar to Paris for 3-4 nights, then fly home from Paris. Would it make sense to return the car in London rather than Heathrow if we stay in Kensington area? Or should we stay in London for the first few nights then head to the English country side for a few nights then head to Paris? Also, we could reverse the trip by flying into Paris, then return home to US from London.
We would like to see Bath, Stonehenge, Chipping Campden or another quant Cotswold village, the main tourist sights in London and Paris, with a day trip to Versailles.
I'm exhausted just thinking about this itinerary, let alone trying to execute it without too many glitches!
Advice on how to streamline this would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Roma Pass
- 8 Trek through Eur
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 16 London Hotels
- 17 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 Which airport for Bellagio?