Thanks for all the help fodorites.
I am taking this 7 week trip this summer with my two boys and I only have one last bit to plane.
The way our many flights worked out we arrive at Heathrow and have 4 days before we leave for
our journay onward.
Origanlly It was my plan to spend the few days in London although I have been several times my kids have not... but since planning the rest of our trip I have had some time to think and I am now not so set on London. I guess since I live in New York City another big city doesnt thrill me so I was thinking that we can drive or train out of London for the 4 days.
Last summer we took an amazing 8 week England Scotland trip that I would redo in a heartbeat, it was that good.... but we did see many sites ... so the Cotswolds, Oxford, Bath, York, Lincoln or Stamford are not a choice here. I mention these beacuse they seem to be the most popular for a weekend visit. We did not go south of London at all or towards Cornwall or east Norwalk etc... and we did miss Derbyshire.. There are tons of places you cant get to but I am speaking of major regions I was interested in going to.
What we love is open space green pastures or coast.. I love a good Heritage house and Garden...
we all love beautiful market towns... We would like to be in an area that would fill the 4 days with
things to see.
So any idea and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT VERIZON TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 3 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Watch Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Watch-Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online. watch
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets