Thanks for all the help fodorites.
I am taking this 7 week trip this summer with my two boys and I only have one last bit to plane.
The way our many flights worked out we arrive at Heathrow and have 4 days before we leave for
our journay onward.
Origanlly It was my plan to spend the few days in London although I have been several times my kids have not... but since planning the rest of our trip I have had some time to think and I am now not so set on London. I guess since I live in New York City another big city doesnt thrill me so I was thinking that we can drive or train out of London for the 4 days.
Last summer we took an amazing 8 week England Scotland trip that I would redo in a heartbeat, it was that good.... but we did see many sites ... so the Cotswolds, Oxford, Bath, York, Lincoln or Stamford are not a choice here. I mention these beacuse they seem to be the most popular for a weekend visit. We did not go south of London at all or towards Cornwall or east Norwalk etc... and we did miss Derbyshire.. There are tons of places you cant get to but I am speaking of major regions I was interested in going to.
What we love is open space green pastures or coast.. I love a good Heritage house and Garden...
we all love beautiful market towns... We would like to be in an area that would fill the 4 days with
things to see.
So any idea and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Summer Travel order
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 Trip suggestion
- 7 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 8 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 9 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 10 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 11 Spain in July
- 12 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Dijon in December!
- 16 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 17 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 18 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 19 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 20 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 21 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 22 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 23 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 24 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 25 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations