Thanks for all the help fodorites.
I am taking this 7 week trip this summer with my two boys and I only have one last bit to plane.
The way our many flights worked out we arrive at Heathrow and have 4 days before we leave for
our journay onward.
Origanlly It was my plan to spend the few days in London although I have been several times my kids have not... but since planning the rest of our trip I have had some time to think and I am now not so set on London. I guess since I live in New York City another big city doesnt thrill me so I was thinking that we can drive or train out of London for the 4 days.
Last summer we took an amazing 8 week England Scotland trip that I would redo in a heartbeat, it was that good.... but we did see many sites ... so the Cotswolds, Oxford, Bath, York, Lincoln or Stamford are not a choice here. I mention these beacuse they seem to be the most popular for a weekend visit. We did not go south of London at all or towards Cornwall or east Norwalk etc... and we did miss Derbyshire.. There are tons of places you cant get to but I am speaking of major regions I was interested in going to.
What we love is open space green pastures or coast.. I love a good Heritage house and Garden...
we all love beautiful market towns... We would like to be in an area that would fill the 4 days with
things to see.
So any idea and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 피망맞고 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 7 Tracking the Weather
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Italy travel plan help
- 13 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 18 Alsace to Austria?
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Budapest language lessons
- 21 Tours in Wales
- 22 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 23 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 barcelona neighborhood