I will be able to take a 17-day trip over Thanksgiving. I have never been to the UK before (except transit through LHR) and am interested in London (3-4 days), York (1-2 days), Cambridge or Oxford day trip, Scotland (one week). Haven't bought any tickets yet, and my preference would be going early November and end the trip Thanksgiving weekend (November 24), since I will likely take another overseas trip Christmas-New Year week and don't want to take two trips too close together. However I would love to get a feel of some of the British holiday festivities and could possibly go a week and half later and end the trip first week of December. Would there be any Christmas decorations up by the first of December?
England and Scotland 15-days in November Trip Planning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 2 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 3 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 4 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 7 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 8 Fashion for larger man?
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 13 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 16 Traveling in France by train
- 17 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 18 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 19 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 22 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 23 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 24 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 25 Traveling to Eastern Europe