I will be able to take a 17-day trip over Thanksgiving. I have never been to the UK before (except transit through LHR) and am interested in London (3-4 days), York (1-2 days), Cambridge or Oxford day trip, Scotland (one week). Haven't bought any tickets yet, and my preference would be going early November and end the trip Thanksgiving weekend (November 24), since I will likely take another overseas trip Christmas-New Year week and don't want to take two trips too close together. However I would love to get a feel of some of the British holiday festivities and could possibly go a week and half later and end the trip first week of December. Would there be any Christmas decorations up by the first of December?
England and Scotland 15-days in November Trip Planning
View all Europe activity »
- 1 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 2 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 3 Venice in Jan
- 4 Trieste as a day trip?
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Lucerne & Zurich
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 9 Frankfurt Macarons
- 10 Trip around Spain
- 11 Lake como
- 12 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 13 Getting around in Tuscany
- 14 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 17 Public transport from Ostuni
- 18 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 19 British drivers
- 20 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 21 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 22 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 25 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!