We end a river cruise in Trier, Germany the end of May. Having 3 full days before we fly back to Boston from Frankfurt, we would like to visit a few "towns" in Germany. Some of the ones I've read about & would like to see are Baden Baden, Tuebingen, & Schwabisch Hall. With that said, it seems like quite an ordeal to go from Trier to any of these towns. Should we take a train from Trier to Stuttgart stay there & take day trips to the above mentioned places or just skip one of the towns? I would prefer to take trains, but I suppose we could rent a car???? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
Ending a river cruise in Trier...places to see
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 2 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 3 Mandarijn Restaurant Amsterdam-A very good Chinese Restaurant
- 4 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 5 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 6 Vienna and side trips
- 7 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 8 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 9 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 10 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 11 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 12 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 13 Emilia Romagna Region
- 14 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Scottland for a day!
- 17 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 18 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 19 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 20 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 21 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 22 Provence planning
- 23 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 24 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 25 Back from Bologna, trip report