We end a river cruise in Trier, Germany the end of May. Having 3 full days before we fly back to Boston from Frankfurt, we would like to visit a few "towns" in Germany. Some of the ones I've read about & would like to see are Baden Baden, Tuebingen, & Schwabisch Hall. With that said, it seems like quite an ordeal to go from Trier to any of these towns. Should we take a train from Trier to Stuttgart stay there & take day trips to the above mentioned places or just skip one of the towns? I would prefer to take trains, but I suppose we could rent a car???? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
Ending a river cruise in Trier...places to see
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Greek islands from Turkey
- 4 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 5 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 6 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 7 Rome Accommodation
- 8 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 9 rent car / Munich
- 10 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Italian Lakes gardens
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 15 Chambermaid tipping
- 16 TGV and Provence questions
- 17 Novels set in Greece
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 22 More help with housing in Puglia
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested