We end a river cruise in Trier, Germany the end of May. Having 3 full days before we fly back to Boston from Frankfurt, we would like to visit a few "towns" in Germany. Some of the ones I've read about & would like to see are Baden Baden, Tuebingen, & Schwabisch Hall. With that said, it seems like quite an ordeal to go from Trier to any of these towns. Should we take a train from Trier to Stuttgart stay there & take day trips to the above mentioned places or just skip one of the towns? I would prefer to take trains, but I suppose we could rent a car???? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
Ending a river cruise in Trier...places to see
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 2 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 3 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 4 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 5 Favorite things to do in London
- 6 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 7 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 8 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 9 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 10 4 days in lake region
- 11 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 12 Europe in December for 10 days
- 13 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 14 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 15 Tipping in the UK
- 16 floods in Andalucia
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 19 Interested In Coach Passes
- 20 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 21 Pisa and Lucca in one day
- 22 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 25 Altdorf/Schattdorf restaurant