We spent a couple of months in the spring this year, flying in to Vienna, then we flew to Ljubljana and spent 13 nights in Slovenia, then went to Croatia for a total of 24 nights...and more. But this trip report is about our 2 nights at Plitivice Lakes National Park which we found simply enchanting. It was one of those places that really lived up to the hype.
First, the TR is on my website if you want to see the pictures that go along with it: http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/enchanting-watery-walks-in-magical-plitvice-lakes/
We drove to Plitvice from Rovinj, an easy 4 hour drive (despite the rain!), and after our 2 night stay, drove to Zadar, another easy drive of 2 hours 15 minutes.
For anyone planning a visit to this unique National Park, I highly recommend a 2 night stay. I've talked to people who've done it as a day trip in the summer and they did not have the same experience...at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 2 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 3 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 10 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 11 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 12 Towersey, London
- 13 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 14 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Amalfi Coast help
- 17 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 18 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 19 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
Enchanting Watery Walks in Magical Plitvice Lakes