We spent a couple of months in the spring this year, flying in to Vienna, then we flew to Ljubljana and spent 13 nights in Slovenia, then went to Croatia for a total of 24 nights...and more. But this trip report is about our 2 nights at Plitivice Lakes National Park which we found simply enchanting. It was one of those places that really lived up to the hype.
First, the TR is on my website if you want to see the pictures that go along with it: http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/enchanting-watery-walks-in-magical-plitvice-lakes/
We drove to Plitvice from Rovinj, an easy 4 hour drive (despite the rain!), and after our 2 night stay, drove to Zadar, another easy drive of 2 hours 15 minutes.
For anyone planning a visit to this unique National Park, I highly recommend a 2 night stay. I've talked to people who've done it as a day trip in the summer and they did not have the same experience...at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 4 Cambridge in May
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 7 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 8 Dog friendly hotels
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Madrid/Lisbon
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 16 Day trips around Vienna
- 17 Greek fuel cost
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Killarney
- 20 Walking itinerary in England?
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
Enchanting Watery Walks in Magical Plitvice Lakes