We spent a couple of months in the spring this year, flying in to Vienna, then we flew to Ljubljana and spent 13 nights in Slovenia, then went to Croatia for a total of 24 nights...and more. But this trip report is about our 2 nights at Plitivice Lakes National Park which we found simply enchanting. It was one of those places that really lived up to the hype.
First, the TR is on my website if you want to see the pictures that go along with it: http://rebeccasnyder.com/travel/enchanting-watery-walks-in-magical-plitvice-lakes/
We drove to Plitvice from Rovinj, an easy 4 hour drive (despite the rain!), and after our 2 night stay, drove to Zadar, another easy drive of 2 hours 15 minutes.
For anyone planning a visit to this unique National Park, I highly recommend a 2 night stay. I've talked to people who've done it as a day trip in the summer and they did not have the same experience...at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Iceland in 7 days.
- 3 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 6 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 7 LIsbon
- 8 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 9 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 10 Luggage Storage
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 13 Paris hotels
- 14 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 18 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 19 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 20 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 21 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Summer Travel order
Enchanting Watery Walks in Magical Plitvice Lakes