I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapest on July 11th. I have not purchased any plane tickets between Turkey and Europe and plan to travel via bus/train/boat.
Any suggestions for an optimal route to spend 11 days on my way to Budapest? I've been looking at Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, or perhaps Greece.
Background info: 25 year old art graduate student with previous traveling experience in W. Europe and Turkey (3x). First time solo traveling. Cheap accommodations preferred/ needed.
I'd really appreciate any feedback,
En Route from Istanbul to Budepest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 2 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 3 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 4 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 7 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 8 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 9 London neighborhood suggestions
- 10 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 11 Matisse at Tate
- 12 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 13 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 14 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 15 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 16 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 17 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 18 Ireland Southwest
- 19 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 20 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 21 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 22 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 25 canadian memorial in Normandy France