I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapest on July 11th. I have not purchased any plane tickets between Turkey and Europe and plan to travel via bus/train/boat.
Any suggestions for an optimal route to spend 11 days on my way to Budapest? I've been looking at Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, or perhaps Greece.
Background info: 25 year old art graduate student with previous traveling experience in W. Europe and Turkey (3x). First time solo traveling. Cheap accommodations preferred/ needed.
I'd really appreciate any feedback,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 2 Iceland trip report!
- 3 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 6 Athens tour guide advice
- 7 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 8 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 9 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 10 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 11 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 12 London 6 day itinerary
- 13 Threat Level in UK
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 16 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 17 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 18 Bernese Oberland
- 19 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 20 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 21 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 22 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 23 Trip to Switzerland
- 24 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 25 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017