I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapest on July 11th. I have not purchased any plane tickets between Turkey and Europe and plan to travel via bus/train/boat.
Any suggestions for an optimal route to spend 11 days on my way to Budapest? I've been looking at Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, or perhaps Greece.
Background info: 25 year old art graduate student with previous traveling experience in W. Europe and Turkey (3x). First time solo traveling. Cheap accommodations preferred/ needed.
I'd really appreciate any feedback,
En Route from Istanbul to Budepest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne & Languedoc - Gorges, Castles & Caves Itinerary Need Help Please
- 2 Danube or Douro for river cruise 2015
- 3 Best train/car combination to get from Rome to Siena
- 4 Lucerne day trips
- 5 Itinerary for Geneva-6 days
- 6 2 Weeks in Sept - Munich, Milan, Paris? Suggestions please!
- 7 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 8 Putting together a plan for Honeymoon in Greece for June/July 2015!
- 9 WHAT TO WEAR/BRING TO BUDAPEST IN EARLY OCTOBER
- 10 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 11 Hotel Rules in Europe?? Help!!
- 12 germany
- 13 Renting a car in Budapest
- 14 Anyone ever flunk out of a Grand Circle tour?
- 15 Best Easy-Moderate Hikes in Dolomites/ Dolomiti for a Photographer & Family
- 16 Two glorious weeks in the southern Iberian peninsula!
- 17 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 18 A little wine tasting long weekend France and Germany
- 19 Toulouse, Sarlat environs, Paris itinerary
- 20 Trip report of our visit to southern Germany
- 21 Ireland itinerary suggestions
- 22 Talking of haggis
- 23 Taking a group of 5 students to Paris!
- 24 Touring the Doge's Palace
- 25 tropical islands in Brandenburg