I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapest on July 11th. I have not purchased any plane tickets between Turkey and Europe and plan to travel via bus/train/boat.
Any suggestions for an optimal route to spend 11 days on my way to Budapest? I've been looking at Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, or perhaps Greece.
Background info: 25 year old art graduate student with previous traveling experience in W. Europe and Turkey (3x). First time solo traveling. Cheap accommodations preferred/ needed.
I'd really appreciate any feedback,
En Route from Istanbul to Budepest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maisons-Lafitte
- 2 Itinerary help
- 3 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 4 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 5 amsterdam hotels
- 6 6 day Switzerland itinerary with 7 and 4 yr olds
- 7 tour guides in rome
- 8 Question about justairports
- 9 Train Routing
- 10 Ports of Lipari, Giardini Naxos, Gythion, Monemvasia - Shore Excursions?
- 11 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 12 Amsterdam to see tulips
- 13 Assistance with first trip to Europe
- 14 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 15 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal
- 16 Buying Advance Tickets for Spain/Italy
- 17 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 18 Chiusi or Pitigliano area - Help in choosing for Etruscan aspects
- 19 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 20 Rome - Tours
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Amsterdam with toddler; getting around & logistical questions
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 Credit cards with chips
- 25 Crete or Mallorca? Where to go?