I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapest on July 11th. I have not purchased any plane tickets between Turkey and Europe and plan to travel via bus/train/boat.
Any suggestions for an optimal route to spend 11 days on my way to Budapest? I've been looking at Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, or perhaps Greece.
Background info: 25 year old art graduate student with previous traveling experience in W. Europe and Turkey (3x). First time solo traveling. Cheap accommodations preferred/ needed.
I'd really appreciate any feedback,
En Route from Istanbul to Budepest
- 1 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 2 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 5 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 8 Channel Islands
- 9 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 10 2 Week European Itinerary
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 13 Dresden Train Station
- 14 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 15 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 22 Chambermaid tipping
- 23 TGV and Provence questions
- 24 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 25 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain