I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapest on July 11th. I have not purchased any plane tickets between Turkey and Europe and plan to travel via bus/train/boat.
Any suggestions for an optimal route to spend 11 days on my way to Budapest? I've been looking at Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, or perhaps Greece.
Background info: 25 year old art graduate student with previous traveling experience in W. Europe and Turkey (3x). First time solo traveling. Cheap accommodations preferred/ needed.
I'd really appreciate any feedback,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 8 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 13 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 getting to CDG
- 20 Towersey, London
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 24 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas