I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapest on July 11th. I have not purchased any plane tickets between Turkey and Europe and plan to travel via bus/train/boat.
Any suggestions for an optimal route to spend 11 days on my way to Budapest? I've been looking at Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, or perhaps Greece.
Background info: 25 year old art graduate student with previous traveling experience in W. Europe and Turkey (3x). First time solo traveling. Cheap accommodations preferred/ needed.
I'd really appreciate any feedback,
En Route from Istanbul to Budepest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 2 Need help with our itinerary
- 3 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 4 Change in Travel
- 5 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 6 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 7 Suggestions for very cheap cell phone?
- 8 A week in Paris
- 9 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 10 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 11 Layover in Paris...need a suggestion on my hotel.
- 12 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 13 Question about tying Pech Merle into Dordogne itinerary
- 14 Is Capri overrated?
- 15 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 16 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 17 9 days on amalfi coast
- 18 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 19 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 20 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 21 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 22 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 23 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 24 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 25 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights