I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapest on July 11th. I have not purchased any plane tickets between Turkey and Europe and plan to travel via bus/train/boat.
Any suggestions for an optimal route to spend 11 days on my way to Budapest? I've been looking at Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, or perhaps Greece.
Background info: 25 year old art graduate student with previous traveling experience in W. Europe and Turkey (3x). First time solo traveling. Cheap accommodations preferred/ needed.
I'd really appreciate any feedback,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 2 Verona or Athens?
- 3 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 4 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 5 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 6 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 7 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 8 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 9 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 10 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 11 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 12 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 13 European Cooking Secrets
- 14 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 15 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 16 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 17 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 18 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 19 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 20 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 21 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 22 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 23 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 24 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna