We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/EPL family vacation
- 2 4 Months in Europe
- 3 Never To Return
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 6 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 7 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 8 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 9 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 10 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 11 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 12 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 13 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 14 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 15 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 18 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 19 London city Best option for transit
- 20 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 21 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 22 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 23 Lucerne Switzerland
- 24 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 25 Central Europe itinerary