We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 2 Fuel shortages Spain/France road trip June 16 ?
- 3 21 nights in England, please help
- 4 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 5 Carnavalet Museum closing in October 2016
- 6 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 7 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 8 SPAIN In 6 DAYS
- 9 Bosch Parade
- 10 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 11 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 12 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 13 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 14 Louis Vuitton/Prada/Gucci - cheaper in Paris/Madrid/London
- 15 Saver Fare vs Flexifare on Bahn.com
- 16 Need advice on Greek islands
- 17 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 18 Flying into Crete Chania - where to stay without a car?
- 19 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 20 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 21 http://testoxtrmadvice.com/celexas-male-enhancement/
- 22 prepaid sim card in Lithuania
- 23 Antwerp Tram
- 24 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 25 Train Travel Northern Italy