We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 2 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 3 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 4 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 5 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 6 How long in Venice?
- 7 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 8 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 9 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 10 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 11 Getting cash in Spain
- 12 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 13 Cotswolds village base
- 14 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 15 First Time Going to Europe
- 16 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 17 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 18 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 19 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 20 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 21 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 22 International driving permit required in France?
- 23 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 24 Hotel in Rome?
- 25 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt