We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NT in devon and cornwall
- 2 help and advice
- 3 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 4 Moving Back Home to Travel Back Again
- 5 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 6 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 7 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 8 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 9 Lyon Arrondissements
- 10 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 11 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 12 Garmisch
- 13 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 14 Venice - things to do?
- 15 Rome to Positano
- 16 DCC on the increase?
- 17 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 18 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 19 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 20 Chamonix to Lyon by train or bus
- 21 Italy/ Spain in December
- 22 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 23 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 24 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 25 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions