We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sorry! Another Venice Hotel Location
- 2 What to buy in Prague, Vienna, or Budapest that we can't get in the US?
- 3 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 4 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 5 Do trains run past midnight???
- 6 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 7 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 8 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 9 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 10 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 11 Venice - boats on canals
- 12 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 13 Barcelona for single female
- 14 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 15 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 16 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 17 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 18 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 19 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 20 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 21 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 22 Help for San Sebastian
- 23 Newgrange to Galway
- 24 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 25 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?