We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 2 From London to Paris to US
- 3 Itinerary help please!
- 4 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 5 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 6 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 7 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 8 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 9 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 10 France to stop making foie grois
- 11 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 12 Holiday Itinerary
- 13 Car hire
- 14 Ireland driving itinerary
- 15 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 16 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 19 Naples or Genoa
- 20 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 21 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 22 Itinerary Help!
- 23 Visiting the Black Forest
- 24 Barcelona to Morocco
- 25 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.