We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 4 for traveling to Russia
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Hertz Never Lost
- 7 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 8 Romanhomes.com - looking for RECENT info, please
- 9 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 10 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 11 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 12 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 13 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 14 First Time Europe Trip
- 15 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 16 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 17 Holiday in Europe
- 18 student in denmark
- 19 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 20 Hostel Advice
- 21 Iceland in Feb
- 22 Poland in September
- 23 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 24 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 25 Munich, Germany