We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 2 ?Prague, Wroclaw, Krakow & Vienna???
- 3 overnight ferries?
- 4 Back from a great trip !!
- 5 Rink oh Kerry or Dinglr
- 6 British Airways, anyone?
- 7 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 8 Help with itineray to Madrid-Seville-Granada
- 9 What am I doing wrong?
- 10 Pantelleria: Yes or no?
- 11 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 12 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 13 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 14 Italy for New Year's
- 15 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 16 Germany at Christmas
- 17 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 18 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 19 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 20 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 21 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 22 Hotel Lorelei et Londres, Sorrento. Whatever happened to it?
- 23 Portugal Itinerary - any advice?
- 24 Mirrors?
- 25 Scotland to Northern Ireland and then back to Scotland. Tips?