We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 2 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 3 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 4 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 5 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 6 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 7 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 8 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 9 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 10 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 11 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 14 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 15 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 16 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 19 Question on France travel
- 20 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 21 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 22 Sweden For Christmas Ideas
- 23 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 24 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 25 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)