We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where in Switzerland
- 2 I need advice; Spain in August.
- 3 Help with Itinerary (specific ?s around Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Naples)
- 4 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 5 Gatwick to London in time for 7.30 show? Help!
- 6 Sweden: Accidental visa overstay - am I screwed for good?
- 7 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 8 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 9 Self-driving in Iceland
- 10 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 11 La Compagnie Air Flight to Paris
- 12 Venice Ferry to Croatia
- 13 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 14 Where to go after Romania...or should I spend whole trip there?
- 15 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 16 Barcelona Itinerary
- 17 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 18 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 19 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 20 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 21 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 22 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 23 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 24 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 25 Cochem or Beilstein