We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 4 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 5 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 6 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 7 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 8 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 driving in france with kids
- 11 Southern Spain
- 12 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 13 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 14 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 15 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 16 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 17 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 18 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 19 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 20 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 21 Story of the German Christmas star
- 22 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 23 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 24 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 25 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015