We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 2 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 3 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 4 Augsburg with kids
- 5 train to Vernon France
- 6 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 Hotel in Venice
- 11 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 12 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 15 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 16 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 17 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 18 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 19 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 22 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 23 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 24 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 25 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?