We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 2 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 3 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 4 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 5 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 6 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 7 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 8 evening of song and dance
- 9 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 10 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 11 Scotland Highlands Help
- 12 Greece Itinerary
- 13 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 14 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 15 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 16 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 17 Ravenna Mosaics
- 18 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 19 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany
- 21 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 25 Day Trip Orleans to Provins, an Italian Hill Town in France