We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 6 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 9 Gite and/or agritourism
- 10 20 days in Germany
- 11 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 12 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 13 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 18 Athens/Istanbul March
- 19 French open
- 20 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 21 Azores
- 22 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German