We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - boats on canals
- 2 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 3 Ghent or Paris?
- 4 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 5 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 8 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 9 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 10 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 11 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 12 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Do trains run past midnight???
- 15 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 16 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 17 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 18 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 19 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 20 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip
- 21 Hotel recommendations for family of four (kids: 15, 12)
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 24 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 25 Warsaw for the week-end / language question