We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Music in Milan
- 2 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 3 Day trip suggestion from London
- 4 Italy - best two central locations
- 5 Pousadas in Portugal
- 6 Places to visits near Porto
- 7 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 8 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 9 12 Days in Italy
- 10 Family vacay in Europe
- 11 Another Book List for Italy
- 12 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 13 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 16 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 17 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 18 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 19 touring near rome airport
- 20 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 21 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 22 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 23 day tours - Loire Valley
- 24 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 25 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND