We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Marseille four day for my son the Navy Sailor
- 2 Travel by train in Poland?
- 3 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 4 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 5 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 6 Trains
- 7 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 8 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 11 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 12 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 13 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 14 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 15 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 16 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 17 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 18 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 19 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 20 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 21 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 22 UK with Kids
- 23 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 24 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation
- 25 DVD players in France