We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train travel to and from Paris
- 2 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Use of Train Tickets
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 First Trip to Paris
- 9 Andalucia Spain
- 10 Amsterdam and...?
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 13 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 16 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 20 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 21 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 22 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 23 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 24 Driving in Italy
- 25 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August