We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 White Christmas
- 2 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 5 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 6 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 9 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 10 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 11 1 week Tuscany in November
- 12 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 13 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 16 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 Gift for French business associate
- 19 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 20 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 21 Scotland Votes "No"
- 22 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 23 Bodrum to instanbul
- 24 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 25 Italy tours