We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 2 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 3 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 4 The Best beach in Europe
- 5 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 6 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 7 I am a.tall foodie
- 8 Transportation
- 9 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 10 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 11 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 12 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 15 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 16 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 17 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 18 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 19 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 20 Northern Spain
- 21 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 22 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 23 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 24 explore Italy on a budget
- 25 Itenerary Opinion