We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 2 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 3 Help with Ireland Trip
- 4 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 5 Cappadocia in June
- 6 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 7 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 8 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 9 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 10 Ibiiza Spain
- 11 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 12 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 13 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 14 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 15 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 19 3 nights in Madrid
- 20 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 21 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 22 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 23 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 24 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 25 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London