We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 12 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 13 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 16 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 17 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 18 Berlin
- 19 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 20 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 25 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017