We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Emilia Romagna: Bologna or Parma base? Rent car or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No points in Paris .....
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 4 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 5 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 6 Pompeii train to Naples
- 7 Small group for Colosseum
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 10 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 11 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 12 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 13 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 14 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 15 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 16 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 17 best time to book accommodation
- 18 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 19 Stay near Paris
- 20 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 21 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 22 Sicily - not a trip report
- 23 Chip but no PIN
- 24 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 25 Questions for my German friends