We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Canal du Midi
- 2 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 3 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 4 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 6 Rental car in Menton
- 7 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 8 Barcelona and...
- 9 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 10 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 11 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 12 February in Florence
- 13 Praiana to Positano
- 14 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 17 Family vacation to europe
- 18 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 19 Day in Madrid
- 20 charming cities in Spain
- 21 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 24 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 25 Spain during Holy Week