We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 2 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 3 What type of visa is right for me?
- 4 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 5 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 6 Budapest Hotels
- 7 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 8 4 days in switzerland
- 9 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 10 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 11 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 12 Munich
- 13 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 14 First time in France
- 15 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 16 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 17 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 18 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 19 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 20 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 21 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 22 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 23 Portugal itinerary help
- 24 First Time Solo Travel info
- 25 Prague hotels