We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking to avoid big events on trip to Amsterdam, Lucerne, Salz. and Prague
- 2 Attractions in Ostia Antica
- 3 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 First-time Trip to Ireland! Seeking helpful advice...
- 6 Munich or Fussen for Bavaria Region?
- 7 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 8 Day trips from Cologne
- 9 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 10 French countryside/wine country
- 11 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 12 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 13 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 14 Vienna or Munich
- 15 IDP for Scotland
- 16 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 17 My summer in Paris
- 18 Transportation for 16+- in Italy
- 19 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 20 Walking the Cotswolds
- 21 Comments, please about these Rome apartments
- 22 Montpellier - A few questions
- 23 Absolute best neighborhood to stay in for first time in Istanbul?
- 24 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 25 Self-service Laundry in Rhodes?