We will be 3 nights in E-R and love food! have searched Chowhound for food sites and are looking forward to this part of our trip.....We hope to do various day trips - Ravenna, Parma, maybe Modena or Padua and are looking for the best base.
In Bologna, any comments on the Hotel Porta San Mamolo? Hotel Metropole? or the B&B Antica Case Zucchini? I am a bit picky about nice clean rooms w/ decent beds.
In Parma, Looking at the Palazzo della Rosa Prati. Also have considered the Hotel Posta in Emilia nella Reggio.
We will be in Florence before, and go to Venice after this. - so would consider renting a car for the 3 nights that we are in E-R. Is this wise, or are trains the best bet? If car, where would you suggest renting it and dropping it off?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 2 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 3 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 4 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 6 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 7 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 8 T Mobile Does it Again
- 9 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 10 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 11 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 12 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 13 Seville Itinerary
- 14 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 15 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 16 Dolomites October 14-18
- 17 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 18 Italy by car
- 19 Florence 2 weeks
- 20 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 21 Santorini
- 22 One in Paris ... help
- 23 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 24 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 25 Which order should I travel