We are 2 Adults and 2 kids (9 yrs and 4.5 yrs old) going for the first time to Austria and Italy. We are in Vienna for 3 nights followed by 3 days in Salzburg and plan to leave Salzburg on 3rd evening for Rome.
Need your help and advise in planning a train journey from Salzburg to Rome, so as to reach Rome in the morning (Spend the night in the train)
THere is a train EC117 from Salzburg to Klagenfurt (what does Hbf mean?) and connecting train from Klagenfurt to Rome as EN 1035.
Option 1: I buy a ticket from Salzburg to Rome with the above transfer at Klagenfurt
Option 2: We use Einfach-Raus-Ticket from Salzburg to Klagenfurt and book tkt from Klagenfurt to Rome. Is it possible as this way I can save some money. Can we use Einfach-Raus-Ticket for travel on EC117. or should we buy a ticket from Salzburg-Klagenfurt and another ticket from Klagenfurt to Rome OR 1 ticket from Salzburg to Rome.
Else pl advise other best and ost economical way to reach Rome on 4th morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 2 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 3 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 4 Bordeaux to Nice
- 5 Travel in Europe
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Whathello Paris
- 12 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 13 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 Rome to Venice
- 18 One free day in Barcelona
- 19 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 20 November in Rome
- 21 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa