We are 2 Adults and 2 kids (9 yrs and 4.5 yrs old) going for the first time to Austria and Italy. We are in Vienna for 3 nights followed by 3 days in Salzburg and plan to leave Salzburg on 3rd evening for Rome.
Need your help and advise in planning a train journey from Salzburg to Rome, so as to reach Rome in the morning (Spend the night in the train)
THere is a train EC117 from Salzburg to Klagenfurt (what does Hbf mean?) and connecting train from Klagenfurt to Rome as EN 1035.
Option 1: I buy a ticket from Salzburg to Rome with the above transfer at Klagenfurt
Option 2: We use Einfach-Raus-Ticket from Salzburg to Klagenfurt and book tkt from Klagenfurt to Rome. Is it possible as this way I can save some money. Can we use Einfach-Raus-Ticket for travel on EC117. or should we buy a ticket from Salzburg-Klagenfurt and another ticket from Klagenfurt to Rome OR 1 ticket from Salzburg to Rome.
Else pl advise other best and ost economical way to reach Rome on 4th morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days outside Venice
- 2 Reaching the Lake District
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Jewish Vienna
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Andalucia Spain
- 9 seat reservations
- 10 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 16 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 17 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 18 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 19 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 20 Italy in a week
- 21 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 22 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 23 Germany-Car or Train
- 24 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 25 SURPRISE TRIP