We are 2 Adults and 2 kids (9 yrs and 4.5 yrs old) going for the first time to Austria and Italy. We are in Vienna for 3 nights followed by 3 days in Salzburg and plan to leave Salzburg on 3rd evening for Rome.
Need your help and advise in planning a train journey from Salzburg to Rome, so as to reach Rome in the morning (Spend the night in the train)
THere is a train EC117 from Salzburg to Klagenfurt (what does Hbf mean?) and connecting train from Klagenfurt to Rome as EN 1035.
Option 1: I buy a ticket from Salzburg to Rome with the above transfer at Klagenfurt
Option 2: We use Einfach-Raus-Ticket from Salzburg to Klagenfurt and book tkt from Klagenfurt to Rome. Is it possible as this way I can save some money. Can we use Einfach-Raus-Ticket for travel on EC117. or should we buy a ticket from Salzburg-Klagenfurt and another ticket from Klagenfurt to Rome OR 1 ticket from Salzburg to Rome.
Else pl advise other best and ost economical way to reach Rome on 4th morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 Milan private guide
- 6 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 7 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 8 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 11 Italian lakes
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 What do after Bernia Express?
- 14 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Self drive tour companies
- 17 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 18 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 19 Ischia
- 20 9 days in London
- 21 Germany family road trip help!
- 22 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Starting my Paris plan for May