So I am now booked on a trip with 20 others from my High School (we were invited on this trip because our history department saw us as most mature and able to appreciate the trip) on a trip to Central Europe with EF Tours. We will be visiting Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria over the course of 14 days. As someone who loves to travel, I would like to have peace of mind that this will be a worthwhile experience, however, based on some of the reviews I've read of the company I no longer have confidence that it will be. First and foremost, a major concern I have is the quality of the food. One of the main reasons TO travel, in my opinion, is to enjoy a gastronomical experience. As I've been told by the teacher leading this trip, breakfast and dinner are provided by EF and we basically have no choice of what we eat. This by itself is a bit discouraging, because I have a very mature taste for my age, so I feel that the company will provide third-rate food that doesn't really represent an authentic meal from whatever country we're in. I even read somewhere that they served French fries when one group was in France -- what the heck! I was, however, able to take respite in the supposed fact that we'll be able to venture out on our own for lunch, which I assume to be true given that it has been stated by both EF and the teacher who's leading this trip. Also, I have heard horror stories about air travel with EF. We will be flying out of Washington Dulles, a major east coast hub. I have a feeling, though, that we'll probably either connect through Heathrow or De Gaulle in Paris. I am very well traveled, however I have never done it with a group like this and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. If anyone could offer some insight (preferably detailed) into those two concerns, as well as add their overall impressions with other aspects of the trip, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
EF Tours -- A good choice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 3 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 4 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 5 Swiss rail passes
- 6 Zurich, Switzerland
- 7 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 8 London day trips, especially castles
- 9 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 10 Hotel in Venice
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 12 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 15 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 16 Day trips from Marseille
- 17 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 18 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 19 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 20 A drive in Europe
- 21 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 22 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 25 Day trips