So I am now booked on a trip with 20 others from my High School (we were invited on this trip because our history department saw us as most mature and able to appreciate the trip) on a trip to Central Europe with EF Tours. We will be visiting Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria over the course of 14 days. As someone who loves to travel, I would like to have peace of mind that this will be a worthwhile experience, however, based on some of the reviews I've read of the company I no longer have confidence that it will be. First and foremost, a major concern I have is the quality of the food. One of the main reasons TO travel, in my opinion, is to enjoy a gastronomical experience. As I've been told by the teacher leading this trip, breakfast and dinner are provided by EF and we basically have no choice of what we eat. This by itself is a bit discouraging, because I have a very mature taste for my age, so I feel that the company will provide third-rate food that doesn't really represent an authentic meal from whatever country we're in. I even read somewhere that they served French fries when one group was in France -- what the heck! I was, however, able to take respite in the supposed fact that we'll be able to venture out on our own for lunch, which I assume to be true given that it has been stated by both EF and the teacher who's leading this trip. Also, I have heard horror stories about air travel with EF. We will be flying out of Washington Dulles, a major east coast hub. I have a feeling, though, that we'll probably either connect through Heathrow or De Gaulle in Paris. I am very well traveled, however I have never done it with a group like this and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. If anyone could offer some insight (preferably detailed) into those two concerns, as well as add their overall impressions with other aspects of the trip, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
EF Tours -- A good choice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 2 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 3 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 4 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 5 Too many Trip Reports
- 6 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 7 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 8 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 9 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 10 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 11 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 12 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 13 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 14 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 15 Help with England/Wales tour
- 16 Reykjavik hotels
- 17 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 18 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 19 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 20 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 23 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Norway 2014