So I am now booked on a trip with 20 others from my High School (we were invited on this trip because our history department saw us as most mature and able to appreciate the trip) on a trip to Central Europe with EF Tours. We will be visiting Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria over the course of 14 days. As someone who loves to travel, I would like to have peace of mind that this will be a worthwhile experience, however, based on some of the reviews I've read of the company I no longer have confidence that it will be. First and foremost, a major concern I have is the quality of the food. One of the main reasons TO travel, in my opinion, is to enjoy a gastronomical experience. As I've been told by the teacher leading this trip, breakfast and dinner are provided by EF and we basically have no choice of what we eat. This by itself is a bit discouraging, because I have a very mature taste for my age, so I feel that the company will provide third-rate food that doesn't really represent an authentic meal from whatever country we're in. I even read somewhere that they served French fries when one group was in France -- what the heck! I was, however, able to take respite in the supposed fact that we'll be able to venture out on our own for lunch, which I assume to be true given that it has been stated by both EF and the teacher who's leading this trip. Also, I have heard horror stories about air travel with EF. We will be flying out of Washington Dulles, a major east coast hub. I have a feeling, though, that we'll probably either connect through Heathrow or De Gaulle in Paris. I am very well traveled, however I have never done it with a group like this and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed. If anyone could offer some insight (preferably detailed) into those two concerns, as well as add their overall impressions with other aspects of the trip, that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
EF Tours -- A good choice?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 2 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 5 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 6 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 7 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 8 Car in Prague
- 9 2 Week European Itinerary
- 10 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 11 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 12 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 13 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 17 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 20 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 23 Dresden Train Station
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary