2 adults, 2 children (9 & 11). Leaving London May 31 for Edinburgh. We have to do the hogwarts train thing (Fort William to Mallaig and back). My question is what would be the most efficient way to do this in terms of time. We will be flying out of EDI June 3 and want a couple of days there in the city, so trying to get way over there to the potter train and back in 1 day. Is it too much to ask? I loked at train schedules, and looks tight (and a long day). Also thought maybe renting a car for a day if the driving is not too difficult and would be quicker. Your thoughts, please.
Edinburgh to Fort William
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 2 Art in Paris
- 3 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 4 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 5 Great London Bars with a view
- 6 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 7 Rental car while in Ireland
- 8 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 9 Hotels that we found special
- 10 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 11 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 12 St Germain
- 13 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 14 First Time to UK since 2001
- 15 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 16 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 17 Too many Trip Reports
- 18 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 19 I dream of Europe
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 22 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 23 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 24 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 25 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris