2 adults, 2 children (9 & 11). Leaving London May 31 for Edinburgh. We have to do the hogwarts train thing (Fort William to Mallaig and back). My question is what would be the most efficient way to do this in terms of time. We will be flying out of EDI June 3 and want a couple of days there in the city, so trying to get way over there to the potter train and back in 1 day. Is it too much to ask? I loked at train schedules, and looks tight (and a long day). Also thought maybe renting a car for a day if the driving is not too difficult and would be quicker. Your thoughts, please.
Edinburgh to Fort William
View all Europe activity »
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 3 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 4 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 5 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 7 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 8 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 9 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 10 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 11 British drivers
- 12 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 13 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 14 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 15 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 16 A full week in The Netherlands
- 17 Prague Main Train Station
- 18 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 19 Spain Travel
- 20 Venice in Jan
- 21 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 22 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 23 Southern France
- 24 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 25 Venice passes....confusing as heck!