anyone been? Following from my thread on wedding I'll be going to in Scotland, we've ended up booking 3 nights in Edinburgh. Now this all clashes with Edinburgh festival, Edinburgh fringe, and Edinburgh tattoo and I'm lost for choice...one night will be at the wedding of course, but that leaves us two in Edinburgh...
thinking of the tattoo but has anyone been? We aren't particularly military so would we get bored or is there a lot more to it than bands and formation marching...also, if it is wet and cold do you have to just sit out and suffer (OH is a wimp and would simply not enjoy the event if it is), can you use umbrellas etc?
The only seats left are right at the end of the arena near the entrance - do you still get a good enough view or just see everyone's backs most of the time? They are quite pricey for us so it needs to be worthwhile, a real 'wow' event.
Would you recommend or not? Any other ideas for 'can't miss' this year in 2012 (dates 2nd and 3rd Aug).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 K-Day
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 13 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 14 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 15 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Lay over time
- 18 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 19 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings