anyone been? Following from my thread on wedding I'll be going to in Scotland, we've ended up booking 3 nights in Edinburgh. Now this all clashes with Edinburgh festival, Edinburgh fringe, and Edinburgh tattoo and I'm lost for choice...one night will be at the wedding of course, but that leaves us two in Edinburgh...
thinking of the tattoo but has anyone been? We aren't particularly military so would we get bored or is there a lot more to it than bands and formation marching...also, if it is wet and cold do you have to just sit out and suffer (OH is a wimp and would simply not enjoy the event if it is), can you use umbrellas etc?
The only seats left are right at the end of the arena near the entrance - do you still get a good enough view or just see everyone's backs most of the time? They are quite pricey for us so it needs to be worthwhile, a real 'wow' event.
Would you recommend or not? Any other ideas for 'can't miss' this year in 2012 (dates 2nd and 3rd Aug).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 5 Where to eat in Rome?
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 10 Poland to Austria In December
- 11 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 12 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 13 Best Neck Pillow
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Tracking the Weather
- 20 Italy travel plan help
- 21 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 22 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 23 Alsace to Austria?
- 24 road trip through scotland
- 25 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel