anyone been? Following from my thread on wedding I'll be going to in Scotland, we've ended up booking 3 nights in Edinburgh. Now this all clashes with Edinburgh festival, Edinburgh fringe, and Edinburgh tattoo and I'm lost for choice...one night will be at the wedding of course, but that leaves us two in Edinburgh...
thinking of the tattoo but has anyone been? We aren't particularly military so would we get bored or is there a lot more to it than bands and formation marching...also, if it is wet and cold do you have to just sit out and suffer (OH is a wimp and would simply not enjoy the event if it is), can you use umbrellas etc?
The only seats left are right at the end of the arena near the entrance - do you still get a good enough view or just see everyone's backs most of the time? They are quite pricey for us so it needs to be worthwhile, a real 'wow' event.
Would you recommend or not? Any other ideas for 'can't miss' this year in 2012 (dates 2nd and 3rd Aug).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 2 Petrol in Greece
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 Paris day trips August
- 5 Acorn TV
- 6 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 Germany train help!
- 11 Train help for Prague
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Athens
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Transportation from Brno train station
- 17 Budapest & Prague
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary