anyone been? Following from my thread on wedding I'll be going to in Scotland, we've ended up booking 3 nights in Edinburgh. Now this all clashes with Edinburgh festival, Edinburgh fringe, and Edinburgh tattoo and I'm lost for choice...one night will be at the wedding of course, but that leaves us two in Edinburgh...
thinking of the tattoo but has anyone been? We aren't particularly military so would we get bored or is there a lot more to it than bands and formation marching...also, if it is wet and cold do you have to just sit out and suffer (OH is a wimp and would simply not enjoy the event if it is), can you use umbrellas etc?
The only seats left are right at the end of the arena near the entrance - do you still get a good enough view or just see everyone's backs most of the time? They are quite pricey for us so it needs to be worthwhile, a real 'wow' event.
Would you recommend or not? Any other ideas for 'can't miss' this year in 2012 (dates 2nd and 3rd Aug).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Lugano area
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 4 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Tuscany First Time
- 7 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 8 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 9 Switzerland in October
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Recommendations
- 12 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 13 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 14 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Italy in January?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Paris- restaurant
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 25 Happy birthday ATM