So I would like to go to Europe in August and these two cities are very high on my list.
So it's either I go to Edinburgh or Lisbon in August. Edinburgh has the advantage of having the book fair and a literary festival, which are things that interest me a lot. But I hear that in August Edinburgh is very crowded, is August not the best time then for a visit?
On the other hand, I have been wanting to go to Lisbon for a few years now. It's seems like the perfect chill destination (combining culture with great food and architecture) before gearing up for kids' going back to school and all that chaos.
My husband and I are in our thirties and enjoy great food, beach and a bit of culture (hubby is not into museums though).
thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 Spain: train/rental car help
- 3 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 4 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 5 Budapest Card
- 6 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 7 UK in May and June
- 8 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 9 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 10 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 11 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 12 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 13 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 14 Bath/Cotswolds
- 15 Shorts in South of France?
- 16 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 base for Andalucia
- 19 Italy travel plan help
- 20 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 21 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 22 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 25 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport