So I would like to go to Europe in August and these two cities are very high on my list.
So it's either I go to Edinburgh or Lisbon in August. Edinburgh has the advantage of having the book fair and a literary festival, which are things that interest me a lot. But I hear that in August Edinburgh is very crowded, is August not the best time then for a visit?
On the other hand, I have been wanting to go to Lisbon for a few years now. It's seems like the perfect chill destination (combining culture with great food and architecture) before gearing up for kids' going back to school and all that chaos.
My husband and I are in our thirties and enjoy great food, beach and a bit of culture (hubby is not into museums though).
thanks so much
Edinburgh or Lisbon in August
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 5 London - Site List Triage -
- 6 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 7 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 8 Cell phones in Ireland
- 9 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 10 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 13 Priceline for London hotels
- 14 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 15 Ireland itinerary
- 16 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 17 Fjords, How To?
- 18 Istanbul Itinerary
- 19 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 20 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 21 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 22 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 23 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 24 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 25 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?