So I would like to go to Europe in August and these two cities are very high on my list.
So it's either I go to Edinburgh or Lisbon in August. Edinburgh has the advantage of having the book fair and a literary festival, which are things that interest me a lot. But I hear that in August Edinburgh is very crowded, is August not the best time then for a visit?
On the other hand, I have been wanting to go to Lisbon for a few years now. It's seems like the perfect chill destination (combining culture with great food and architecture) before gearing up for kids' going back to school and all that chaos.
My husband and I are in our thirties and enjoy great food, beach and a bit of culture (hubby is not into museums though).
thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Spain in July
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Athens
- 14 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 15 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 16 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 17 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 18 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please