In late August we will e travelling in Scotland. We have from Friday morning (check out of Edin hotel) until Sun afternoon (Oban ferry) to work out an itinerary for.
At this stage Im thinking:
Friday: Leave Edinburgh early, drive up coast to Crail / fishing villages / St Andrews and spend some time looking around this area.
Late afternoon: Drive to Stirling, overnight there.
Saturday: Stirling (must sees?)
Sunday: Drive to Oban via Loch Lomond
Is this too rushed? Another option could be to do a day trip to St Andrews while we are in Edinburgh which would give us more options on the way to Oban. Are there any other spots in this area that are must sees? We are into great scenery, photography and history.
Cheers for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain - day driver advice
- 2 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 3 Stuck in Paris
- 4 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 Greece
- 7 Ex-pats with young kids
- 8 Iceland france spain
- 9 Ludwig Castles
- 10 Renting a car in Greece
- 11 Help on ancient history route
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 London with Teens Trip Report
- 14 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 15 Paris hotel
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Spanish food - not that special?
- 18 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 19 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 20 Maximizing Norway time
- 21 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 22 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 23 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 24 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 25 southeast sicily town as home base