In late August we will e travelling in Scotland. We have from Friday morning (check out of Edin hotel) until Sun afternoon (Oban ferry) to work out an itinerary for.
At this stage Im thinking:
Friday: Leave Edinburgh early, drive up coast to Crail / fishing villages / St Andrews and spend some time looking around this area.
Late afternoon: Drive to Stirling, overnight there.
Saturday: Stirling (must sees?)
Sunday: Drive to Oban via Loch Lomond
Is this too rushed? Another option could be to do a day trip to St Andrews while we are in Edinburgh which would give us more options on the way to Oban. Are there any other spots in this area that are must sees? We are into great scenery, photography and history.
Cheers for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 Borghese Gallery Question
- 3 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 4 Sicily help
- 5 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 6 Italy Vacation
- 7 Stu Tower
- 8 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 9 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 10 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 11 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 12 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 15 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Germany or Sweden
- 18 Cork questions
- 19 Crete Holiday
- 20 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 21 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 22 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 23 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 24 Spain: train/rental car help
- 25 Amalfi itinerary help needed