In late August we will e travelling in Scotland. We have from Friday morning (check out of Edin hotel) until Sun afternoon (Oban ferry) to work out an itinerary for.
At this stage Im thinking:
Friday: Leave Edinburgh early, drive up coast to Crail / fishing villages / St Andrews and spend some time looking around this area.
Late afternoon: Drive to Stirling, overnight there.
Saturday: Stirling (must sees?)
Sunday: Drive to Oban via Loch Lomond
Is this too rushed? Another option could be to do a day trip to St Andrews while we are in Edinburgh which would give us more options on the way to Oban. Are there any other spots in this area that are must sees? We are into great scenery, photography and history.
Cheers for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 dinner jackets
- 4 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 5 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 6 2 weeks Europe trip
- 7 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 8 Piedmont as a destination
- 9 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 10 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 11 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 12 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 17 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 18 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 19 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 20 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 21 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 24 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??