In late August we will e travelling in Scotland. We have from Friday morning (check out of Edin hotel) until Sun afternoon (Oban ferry) to work out an itinerary for.
At this stage Im thinking:
Friday: Leave Edinburgh early, drive up coast to Crail / fishing villages / St Andrews and spend some time looking around this area.
Late afternoon: Drive to Stirling, overnight there.
Saturday: Stirling (must sees?)
Sunday: Drive to Oban via Loch Lomond
Is this too rushed? Another option could be to do a day trip to St Andrews while we are in Edinburgh which would give us more options on the way to Oban. Are there any other spots in this area that are must sees? We are into great scenery, photography and history.
Cheers for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 London Hotels
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 1 month in Europe
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 16 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 21 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 Iceland in 7 days.
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139