In late August we will e travelling in Scotland. We have from Friday morning (check out of Edin hotel) until Sun afternoon (Oban ferry) to work out an itinerary for.
At this stage Im thinking:
Friday: Leave Edinburgh early, drive up coast to Crail / fishing villages / St Andrews and spend some time looking around this area.
Late afternoon: Drive to Stirling, overnight there.
Saturday: Stirling (must sees?)
Sunday: Drive to Oban via Loch Lomond
Is this too rushed? Another option could be to do a day trip to St Andrews while we are in Edinburgh which would give us more options on the way to Oban. Are there any other spots in this area that are must sees? We are into great scenery, photography and history.
Cheers for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Biarritz family holiday
- 2 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 5 Bernina Express mid-March
- 6 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 9 Ireland hotel questions
- 10 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 11 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 12 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 13 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 14 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 15 Revised itinerary for italy
- 16 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 where to stay in London?
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 21 Flamenco in October
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 25 getting to CDG