I'm from Italy and I work as an hotel night porter with duties of a receptionist aswell for seven years, but never like this year have felt that the hotel is going down pretty bad, the owner is paying us even more later than last years, (some times he even doubles the month paytime) he fired some of my colleagues so I have to do some of the work they did, there are less guests coming then the last year, and we are not living so good here I had to put in sale my car and had to pull out the plug of my refrigerator to save some money, I go to work by foot every evening from home wich is 2 km, for working eleven hours and a half with one day off for 1000 euros per month, it's not right, I got rent to pay too we are not living well.
Me and my wife are going to stay for 2 weeks in a bed and breakfast in Edinburgh with a one way flight, in this time we'll be looking for a permanent job, I got my curriculum vitae ready, and I can do anything is available, we would love to live there, we love the weather, people, places, everything. We are departing on this November 26th one way flight for 2 weeks and hoping to not come back, I take a look on Gumtree site and Directgov every day, and I see that there is work there.
I know that to work there I need the NIN but not being a resident yet I can only have the temporary NIN to be able to get paid then as soon as I find a job I'll rent a house and open a bank account start the request for the permanent NIN, then subscribe to the AIRE.
Any suggestion, hint or help would be everything for us
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinqueterre
- 2 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 3 Central and Northern Italy
- 4 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 5 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 6 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 7 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 8 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 9 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 10 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 11 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 12 stonehenge day trip from london
- 13 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 14 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 15 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 16 Scotland Trip Report
- 17 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 18 Charming areas to explore in London
- 19 Trip to Ireland in September
- 20 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 23 Cornwall UK
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?