I'm from Italy and I work as an hotel night porter with duties of a receptionist aswell for seven years, but never like this year have felt that the hotel is going down pretty bad, the owner is paying us even more later than last years, (some times he even doubles the month paytime) he fired some of my colleagues so I have to do some of the work they did, there are less guests coming then the last year, and we are not living so good here I had to put in sale my car and had to pull out the plug of my refrigerator to save some money, I go to work by foot every evening from home wich is 2 km, for working eleven hours and a half with one day off for 1000 euros per month, it's not right, I got rent to pay too we are not living well.
Me and my wife are going to stay for 2 weeks in a bed and breakfast in Edinburgh with a one way flight, in this time we'll be looking for a permanent job, I got my curriculum vitae ready, and I can do anything is available, we would love to live there, we love the weather, people, places, everything. We are departing on this November 26th one way flight for 2 weeks and hoping to not come back, I take a look on Gumtree site and Directgov every day, and I see that there is work there.
I know that to work there I need the NIN but not being a resident yet I can only have the temporary NIN to be able to get paid then as soon as I find a job I'll rent a house and open a bank account start the request for the permanent NIN, then subscribe to the AIRE.
Any suggestion, hint or help would be everything for us
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 3 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 9 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Driving through Paris
- 14 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 15 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 16 San Sebastián
- 17 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 24 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January