I'm from Italy and I work as an hotel night porter with duties of a receptionist aswell for seven years, but never like this year have felt that the hotel is going down pretty bad, the owner is paying us even more later than last years, (some times he even doubles the month paytime) he fired some of my colleagues so I have to do some of the work they did, there are less guests coming then the last year, and we are not living so good here I had to put in sale my car and had to pull out the plug of my refrigerator to save some money, I go to work by foot every evening from home wich is 2 km, for working eleven hours and a half with one day off for 1000 euros per month, it's not right, I got rent to pay too we are not living well.
Me and my wife are going to stay for 2 weeks in a bed and breakfast in Edinburgh with a one way flight, in this time we'll be looking for a permanent job, I got my curriculum vitae ready, and I can do anything is available, we would love to live there, we love the weather, people, places, everything. We are departing on this November 26th one way flight for 2 weeks and hoping to not come back, I take a look on Gumtree site and Directgov every day, and I see that there is work there.
I know that to work there I need the NIN but not being a resident yet I can only have the temporary NIN to be able to get paid then as soon as I find a job I'll rent a house and open a bank account start the request for the permanent NIN, then subscribe to the AIRE.
Any suggestion, hint or help would be everything for us
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Emergencies in Ireland
- 2 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 3 Emergencies in Ireland
- 4 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 5 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 6 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 7 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 8 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 9 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 10 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 3 weeks in Spain
- 13 4 days itinerary for France
- 14 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 15 Rent a car in England
- 16 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 17 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 18 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 19 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 2017 Easter in Italy
- 25 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!