We're just beginning to think about taking our daughters, 32 and almost 30 to Edinburgh next spring. I'm mulling May or June for the long days, although our preferred travel time is late September to mid October. We were there 35 or so years ago, and had glorious weather in May.
My late Dad was born in Edinburgh, so if they can arrange time off work it would be nice to see where they came from. Both are looking for new jobs, so it might not even happen, but I want to get things going a bit now.
The £ is so high against the Canadian dollar, so we'll be looking to economize where we can. A perusal of VRBO suggests we can get something in Old Town for a week for about £800. That translates to approximately $1700, for a 2BR apartment.
I'm drawing a blank coming up with other reputable agencies. I'm a bit frightened of AirBnB, so if anyone can advise me of good agencies or even a link to a specific apartment, that would be great.
I might be looking for the impossible, centre of city, clean, a good 2* or 3*.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 6 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Bordeaux to Nice
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 25 Rome to Venice