We're just beginning to think about taking our daughters, 32 and almost 30 to Edinburgh next spring. I'm mulling May or June for the long days, although our preferred travel time is late September to mid October. We were there 35 or so years ago, and had glorious weather in May.
My late Dad was born in Edinburgh, so if they can arrange time off work it would be nice to see where they came from. Both are looking for new jobs, so it might not even happen, but I want to get things going a bit now.
The £ is so high against the Canadian dollar, so we'll be looking to economize where we can. A perusal of VRBO suggests we can get something in Old Town for a week for about £800. That translates to approximately $1700, for a 2BR apartment.
I'm drawing a blank coming up with other reputable agencies. I'm a bit frightened of AirBnB, so if anyone can advise me of good agencies or even a link to a specific apartment, that would be great.
I might be looking for the impossible, centre of city, clean, a good 2* or 3*.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 days in France and Italy
- 2 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 3 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 4 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 5 One July night in Verona - help!
- 6 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 10 European Vacation 2017
- 11 London in September
- 12 Avoid Europcar!
- 13 Paris for children
- 14 Couscous
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Scotland - We're Here!
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 19 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 20 IWM
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 23 Guided Vatican Tours
- 24 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 25 Best Masseria in Puglia