Heading to Paris next week for a long weekend as my husband will be sitting an exam there. We have a four-week old baby and a two and a half year old, and will be driving down from Brussels.
We've already booked our hotel - the Novotel near the Gare de Lyon - got a good deal on a family room plus there's an indoor pool which our toddler will love (oh, and private parking).
Though we are very familiar with Paris, having lived there in the past (my husband is Parisian and I worked there for several years), I've not got many ideas for good places to eat with a baby and child in tow! We'll probably order room service at the hotel at least one evening, but it would be nice to go out for an early dinner once or twice as well.
Does anybody have any recommendations for child-friendly eateries, ideally in the Bastille/Marais area? As we'll have a (hopefully) sleeping baby with us, it would be good if there was room for us to have the stroller by our table (so that rules out the more "cosy" restaurants).
Thanks in advance!
Eating in Paris with newborn and toddler?
- 1 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 2 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 3 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 4 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 5 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 6 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 7 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 8 Venice in Jan
- 9 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 12 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 13 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 15 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 16 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 17 Prague Main Train Station
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 British drivers
- 24 Trip around Spain
- 25 Berlin