In May 2012, we will be starting our next European adventure in Amsterdam.
Our plane lands in Schiphol early in the morning and we can't check into our Amsterdam hotel until around 2PM. This sounds like a perfect opportunity to fit in another siteseeing stop.
I was wondering if there is a quick and easy partial-day trip we can do from the airport?
We'll have our backpacks with us, so hopefully there will be luggage lockers in whatever town we decide to stop in.
I was kicking around the idea of Harlaam. But its 60 minutes by train because it looks like it stops in Amsterdam on the way. (?)
Any suggestions of a nice place to stop for a walkabout and a lunch / beer / relaxing before we continue to Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 4 Airline to Rome
- 5 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 PARIS
- 9 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 10 Dublin Luggage storage
- 11 Any reviews on Fires de Sant Narcis, Girona?
- 12 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 13 Towns around Lucca
- 14 Spain: train/rental car help
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 17 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 18 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 19 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 20 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 21 Duoro Valley - Train from Regua to Pocinho
- 22 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 23 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 24 Georgia in 4 days
- 25 Trains in Italy