In May 2012, we will be starting our next European adventure in Amsterdam.
Our plane lands in Schiphol early in the morning and we can't check into our Amsterdam hotel until around 2PM. This sounds like a perfect opportunity to fit in another siteseeing stop.
I was wondering if there is a quick and easy partial-day trip we can do from the airport?
We'll have our backpacks with us, so hopefully there will be luggage lockers in whatever town we decide to stop in.
I was kicking around the idea of Harlaam. But its 60 minutes by train because it looks like it stops in Amsterdam on the way. (?)
Any suggestions of a nice place to stop for a walkabout and a lunch / beer / relaxing before we continue to Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bahaduri HP @printer error CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 5 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 6 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 7 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 8 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 11 Edinbrugh
- 12 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 13 Maximizing Norway time
- 14 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 15 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 16 Hiking in Switzerland
- 17 Best layover option
- 18 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 19 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 23 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 24 3 days solo in London
- 25 Info for Edinburgh visit