In May 2012, we will be starting our next European adventure in Amsterdam.
Our plane lands in Schiphol early in the morning and we can't check into our Amsterdam hotel until around 2PM. This sounds like a perfect opportunity to fit in another siteseeing stop.
I was wondering if there is a quick and easy partial-day trip we can do from the airport?
We'll have our backpacks with us, so hopefully there will be luggage lockers in whatever town we decide to stop in.
I was kicking around the idea of Harlaam. But its 60 minutes by train because it looks like it stops in Amsterdam on the way. (?)
Any suggestions of a nice place to stop for a walkabout and a lunch / beer / relaxing before we continue to Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 2 CDG airport and connection time
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Paris Metro
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 7 A few days outside Rome
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 15 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 16 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 17 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 getting to CDG
- 20 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 21 Cambrils
- 22 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 23 Amalfi Coast help
- 24 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs