In May 2012, we will be starting our next European adventure in Amsterdam.
Our plane lands in Schiphol early in the morning and we can't check into our Amsterdam hotel until around 2PM. This sounds like a perfect opportunity to fit in another siteseeing stop.
I was wondering if there is a quick and easy partial-day trip we can do from the airport?
We'll have our backpacks with us, so hopefully there will be luggage lockers in whatever town we decide to stop in.
I was kicking around the idea of Harlaam. But its 60 minutes by train because it looks like it stops in Amsterdam on the way. (?)
Any suggestions of a nice place to stop for a walkabout and a lunch / beer / relaxing before we continue to Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 3 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 4 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 9 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Appenzell in December?
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 14 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 15 Iceland in January/February
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 25 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria