In May 2012, we will be starting our next European adventure in Amsterdam.
Our plane lands in Schiphol early in the morning and we can't check into our Amsterdam hotel until around 2PM. This sounds like a perfect opportunity to fit in another siteseeing stop.
I was wondering if there is a quick and easy partial-day trip we can do from the airport?
We'll have our backpacks with us, so hopefully there will be luggage lockers in whatever town we decide to stop in.
I was kicking around the idea of Harlaam. But its 60 minutes by train because it looks like it stops in Amsterdam on the way. (?)
Any suggestions of a nice place to stop for a walkabout and a lunch / beer / relaxing before we continue to Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 2 Connection time in Athens?
- 3 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 4 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 5 Ludwig Castles
- 6 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 7 Escorted Tours
- 8 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 9 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 10 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 11 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 12 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 15 2 Months in Sicily
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 What tips can you give about packing?
- 18 Le Marche, Italy
- 19 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 20 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 21 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 22 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 23 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 24 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 25 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik