In May 2012, we will be starting our next European adventure in Amsterdam.
Our plane lands in Schiphol early in the morning and we can't check into our Amsterdam hotel until around 2PM. This sounds like a perfect opportunity to fit in another siteseeing stop.
I was wondering if there is a quick and easy partial-day trip we can do from the airport?
We'll have our backpacks with us, so hopefully there will be luggage lockers in whatever town we decide to stop in.
I was kicking around the idea of Harlaam. But its 60 minutes by train because it looks like it stops in Amsterdam on the way. (?)
Any suggestions of a nice place to stop for a walkabout and a lunch / beer / relaxing before we continue to Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 2 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 3 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 4 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 5 Venice
- 6 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 7 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 10 Rental car in Menton
- 11 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 12 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 13 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 15 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 16 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Paris cooking classes
- 19 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 20 Canal du Midi
- 21 Family vacation to europe
- 22 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 23 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 24 Italy
- 25 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk