I'll spend 4 nights in Firenze late September and i don't plan to make more than one daytrip, since i'll spend 15 days travelling around Italy and i don't want to be tired on the very begining.
I won't rent a car and won't join a group tour (too expensive and a little too "touristy" for me, personal opinion here!)
I would like to see the outdoors and cute medieval towns with great markets, cafes and tiny alleys. Museums and churches are not a must. Not planning to spend more than 90 minutes inside a bus/train.
Well, I've done a LOT OF research and i came to those options:
-Certaldo Alta, easy by train. I could spend few hours wandering around (i found out their market day is wednesday and it matches my schedule). Then i could go to either Siena or San Gimignano or come back to Firenze, i don't know.
- Arezzo+Cortona, easy by train too, but i'm a little worried about the logistics here.
- Chianti area, via bus. I checked that there are buses in between Chianti villages or i could go by foot (?) around the villages.
- Lucca. Sounds lovely, but i'm not sure because i am more inclined to a hilltown city.
Well, that's what i came so far. Do you guys have any tips, ideas? As i said, i just want half a day away from Firenze, walking around a not-so-crowded place with views to the mountains.
Thank you =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living