I'll spend 4 nights in Firenze late September and i don't plan to make more than one daytrip, since i'll spend 15 days travelling around Italy and i don't want to be tired on the very begining.
I won't rent a car and won't join a group tour (too expensive and a little too "touristy" for me, personal opinion here!)
I would like to see the outdoors and cute medieval towns with great markets, cafes and tiny alleys. Museums and churches are not a must. Not planning to spend more than 90 minutes inside a bus/train.
Well, I've done a LOT OF research and i came to those options:
-Certaldo Alta, easy by train. I could spend few hours wandering around (i found out their market day is wednesday and it matches my schedule). Then i could go to either Siena or San Gimignano or come back to Firenze, i don't know.
- Arezzo+Cortona, easy by train too, but i'm a little worried about the logistics here.
- Chianti area, via bus. I checked that there are buses in between Chianti villages or i could go by foot (?) around the villages.
- Lucca. Sounds lovely, but i'm not sure because i am more inclined to a hilltown city.
Well, that's what i came so far. Do you guys have any tips, ideas? As i said, i just want half a day away from Firenze, walking around a not-so-crowded place with views to the mountains.
Thank you =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in 7 Days
- 2 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 3 Azores
- 4 Short Trip in July
- 5 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 6 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 7 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 12 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 16 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 17 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 18 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 19 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 22 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 23 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 24 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report