I'll spend 4 nights in Firenze late September and i don't plan to make more than one daytrip, since i'll spend 15 days travelling around Italy and i don't want to be tired on the very begining.
I won't rent a car and won't join a group tour (too expensive and a little too "touristy" for me, personal opinion here!)
I would like to see the outdoors and cute medieval towns with great markets, cafes and tiny alleys. Museums and churches are not a must. Not planning to spend more than 90 minutes inside a bus/train.
Well, I've done a LOT OF research and i came to those options:
-Certaldo Alta, easy by train. I could spend few hours wandering around (i found out their market day is wednesday and it matches my schedule). Then i could go to either Siena or San Gimignano or come back to Firenze, i don't know.
- Arezzo+Cortona, easy by train too, but i'm a little worried about the logistics here.
- Chianti area, via bus. I checked that there are buses in between Chianti villages or i could go by foot (?) around the villages.
- Lucca. Sounds lovely, but i'm not sure because i am more inclined to a hilltown city.
Well, that's what i came so far. Do you guys have any tips, ideas? As i said, i just want half a day away from Firenze, walking around a not-so-crowded place with views to the mountains.
Thank you =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 3 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 4 First time in London
- 5 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 6 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 7 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 8 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 9 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 10 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 15 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 16 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 17 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 21 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 22 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 23 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents