I'll spend 4 nights in Firenze late September and i don't plan to make more than one daytrip, since i'll spend 15 days travelling around Italy and i don't want to be tired on the very begining.
I won't rent a car and won't join a group tour (too expensive and a little too "touristy" for me, personal opinion here!)
I would like to see the outdoors and cute medieval towns with great markets, cafes and tiny alleys. Museums and churches are not a must. Not planning to spend more than 90 minutes inside a bus/train.
Well, I've done a LOT OF research and i came to those options:
-Certaldo Alta, easy by train. I could spend few hours wandering around (i found out their market day is wednesday and it matches my schedule). Then i could go to either Siena or San Gimignano or come back to Firenze, i don't know.
- Arezzo+Cortona, easy by train too, but i'm a little worried about the logistics here.
- Chianti area, via bus. I checked that there are buses in between Chianti villages or i could go by foot (?) around the villages.
- Lucca. Sounds lovely, but i'm not sure because i am more inclined to a hilltown city.
Well, that's what i came so far. Do you guys have any tips, ideas? As i said, i just want half a day away from Firenze, walking around a not-so-crowded place with views to the mountains.
Thank you =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Long weekend in Albania
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 11 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 scotland itinerary
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Hotel in Florence
- 18 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 19 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 20 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 21 Malta - how to do it?
- 22 Using CPAP machine in France
- 23 Castle Stays in Wales
- 24 Uk and Ireland
- 25 Sao Miguel in November