Hello Again Everyone,
Our daughter will be married near Paradou at the end of May! We have never traveled abroad and will also be celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary during this big trip. Wedding festivities will last four days and afterwards we would like to explore Arles, Luberon, and surrounding areas, with St Remy as our base.
We will leave St Remy on Thursday and fly out of Nice on the following Wednesday. We would like to see the eastern part of Provence, Verdon Gorge, the base of the French Alps, and maybe take the train from Nice to northern mountain towns as a day trip.
We like the idea of finding a town to use as our base for exploring and hopefully a place with some nice dining options Friday - Sunday. We also think we will stay in Nice Monday and Tuesday before flying home on Wednesday.
We are so excited to plan for this special trip. We love nature, historical spots, good food, walking and exploring new places. We are interested in ancient history and early man as well, and I'd love to see petroglyphs if they are nearby.
I value your recommendations and look forward to hearing from you, Fodor"s Friends! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 2 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 4 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 5 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 6 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 7 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 8 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 9 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 10 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 11 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 12 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 13 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 14 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 15 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 16 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 22 "Never Mind"
- 23 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 24 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 25 Paris with a toddler and a baby
Hello Again Everyone,