Hello Again Everyone,
Our daughter will be married near Paradou at the end of May! We have never traveled abroad and will also be celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary during this big trip. Wedding festivities will last four days and afterwards we would like to explore Arles, Luberon, and surrounding areas, with St Remy as our base.
We will leave St Remy on Thursday and fly out of Nice on the following Wednesday. We would like to see the eastern part of Provence, Verdon Gorge, the base of the French Alps, and maybe take the train from Nice to northern mountain towns as a day trip.
We like the idea of finding a town to use as our base for exploring and hopefully a place with some nice dining options Friday - Sunday. We also think we will stay in Nice Monday and Tuesday before flying home on Wednesday.
We are so excited to plan for this special trip. We love nature, historical spots, good food, walking and exploring new places. We are interested in ancient history and early man as well, and I'd love to see petroglyphs if they are nearby.
I value your recommendations and look forward to hearing from you, Fodor"s Friends! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Electrical Power Conversion
- 2 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 8 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 17 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 20 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 23 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 wondering if this trip too ambitious
Hello Again Everyone,