Hello Again Everyone,
Our daughter will be married near Paradou at the end of May! We have never traveled abroad and will also be celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary during this big trip. Wedding festivities will last four days and afterwards we would like to explore Arles, Luberon, and surrounding areas, with St Remy as our base.
We will leave St Remy on Thursday and fly out of Nice on the following Wednesday. We would like to see the eastern part of Provence, Verdon Gorge, the base of the French Alps, and maybe take the train from Nice to northern mountain towns as a day trip.
We like the idea of finding a town to use as our base for exploring and hopefully a place with some nice dining options Friday - Sunday. We also think we will stay in Nice Monday and Tuesday before flying home on Wednesday.
We are so excited to plan for this special trip. We love nature, historical spots, good food, walking and exploring new places. We are interested in ancient history and early man as well, and I'd love to see petroglyphs if they are nearby.
I value your recommendations and look forward to hearing from you, Fodor"s Friends! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 3 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 6 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 7 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 10 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 tickets for Wimbledon
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 17 Piedmont question
- 18 Insurance on rental car options
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 21 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 22 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 23 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 24 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 25 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
Hello Again Everyone,