Hi guys! My brothers and I are all in our early twenties and we're interested in traveling around Eastern Europe for 16-17 days sometime in late August or early September. We're interested in visiting Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary and Romania and were wondering how accessible this region was by train or car?? We have family friends in Dubrovnik and thought that might be a good place to start and then enroute North to Ljubljana we'd stop by Split. We were considering visiting Traglav National Park and the cave systems in northern Slovenia, but someone mentioned that the quickest route to Budapest was via Zagreb so there'd be good deal of back tracking. After Budapest, we were interested in visiting some towns in Transylvania (Cluj-Napoca, Brasov & Bran) enroute to Bucharest which will be our end point. Are hostels reliable in any of these cities or would hotels be a wiser choice?? How widely is English spoken in these cities?? Between the three of us, we have conversational French and Italian covered at least which will help. There don't seem to be any direct flights from the US to Croatia or Slovenia, but we figured we'd fly direct to London and then transfer to Stansted which offers budget flight via Easyjet or Ryanair down to Croatia. We might be totally crazy for attempting this (go ahead and say it haha!), but we've road tripped across the US in as much time with about as many stops on our trip and found it fine. Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Eastern Europe Tour??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 2 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 3 Scotland November 2015
- 4 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 9 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 10 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 11 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 12 5 Observations About Paris
- 13 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 14 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 15 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 16 Southern Spain
- 17 Museums in Berlin
- 18 Schengen Visa Rules
- 19 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 20 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 21 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 24 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 25 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt