Below is my proposed itinerary for my spring 2006 trip. Would love to hear comments. I'm looking at this trip as sort of a sampler of several cities and will go back on a future trip for longer stays in the cities I like best. For my return trip home, I had been planning on flying Vienna-London-Houston, but now I'm wondering if I should fly from Ljublana to London, overnight there and then fly out that last day. If I fly Vienna-London-Houston on the final day, it will be a tight connection.
day 1 -arrive Prague, Czech Republic
day 2- Prague
day 3- Prague
day 4 Vienna, Austria
day 5 Vienna
day 6 Bratislava, Slovakia daytrip, return to Vienna for overnight (1.5 hour train)
day 7, 8 - Salzburg, Austria
day 9- Ljubljana, Slovenia
day 10- Bled, Slovenia daytrip (1.5 hour bus)
day 11- Zabreb, Croatia daytrip (2 hour train ride)
day 12-Piran, Slovenia, Somewhere Croatia or Trieste, Italy for daytrip which would be best/easiest?
Day 13-Figure out what city to fly home from
Day 14-fly home
Eastern Europe Itineray - comments?
- 1 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 2 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 3 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 4 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 5 Lake como
- 6 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 7 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 8 Itinerary Questions
- 9 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 A full week in The Netherlands
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 15 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 16 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 17 Train travel in Europe
- 18 Prague Main Train Station
- 19 Place to propose
- 20 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 25 Moldova and Transnistiria