Below is my proposed itinerary for my spring 2006 trip. Would love to hear comments. I'm looking at this trip as sort of a sampler of several cities and will go back on a future trip for longer stays in the cities I like best. For my return trip home, I had been planning on flying Vienna-London-Houston, but now I'm wondering if I should fly from Ljublana to London, overnight there and then fly out that last day. If I fly Vienna-London-Houston on the final day, it will be a tight connection.
day 1 -arrive Prague, Czech Republic
day 2- Prague
day 3- Prague
day 4 Vienna, Austria
day 5 Vienna
day 6 Bratislava, Slovakia daytrip, return to Vienna for overnight (1.5 hour train)
day 7, 8 - Salzburg, Austria
day 9- Ljubljana, Slovenia
day 10- Bled, Slovenia daytrip (1.5 hour bus)
day 11- Zabreb, Croatia daytrip (2 hour train ride)
day 12-Piran, Slovenia, Somewhere Croatia or Trieste, Italy for daytrip which would be best/easiest?
Day 13-Figure out what city to fly home from
Day 14-fly home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 4 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 5 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 8 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 9 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 10 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 11 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 12 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 13 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 14 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 18 Towersey, London
- 19 Croatia transportation question.
- 20 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 21 Westerplatte
- 22 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 23 Cutback on Spain trip
- 24 Bernina Express mid-March
- 25 Malaga - places to stay and eat