Below is my proposed itinerary for my spring 2006 trip. Would love to hear comments. I'm looking at this trip as sort of a sampler of several cities and will go back on a future trip for longer stays in the cities I like best. For my return trip home, I had been planning on flying Vienna-London-Houston, but now I'm wondering if I should fly from Ljublana to London, overnight there and then fly out that last day. If I fly Vienna-London-Houston on the final day, it will be a tight connection.
day 1 -arrive Prague, Czech Republic
day 2- Prague
day 3- Prague
day 4 Vienna, Austria
day 5 Vienna
day 6 Bratislava, Slovakia daytrip, return to Vienna for overnight (1.5 hour train)
day 7, 8 - Salzburg, Austria
day 9- Ljubljana, Slovenia
day 10- Bled, Slovenia daytrip (1.5 hour bus)
day 11- Zabreb, Croatia daytrip (2 hour train ride)
day 12-Piran, Slovenia, Somewhere Croatia or Trieste, Italy for daytrip which would be best/easiest?
Day 13-Figure out what city to fly home from
Day 14-fly home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 2 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 3 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 4 Rue des Rosiers
- 5 Paris, France
- 6 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 7 sfo to europe
- 8 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 11 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 12 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 13 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 16 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 17 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 18 Italy museum tickets
- 19 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 20 What one thing in Paris?
- 21 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 22 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 23 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 24 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 25 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve