Below is my proposed itinerary for my spring 2006 trip. Would love to hear comments. I'm looking at this trip as sort of a sampler of several cities and will go back on a future trip for longer stays in the cities I like best. For my return trip home, I had been planning on flying Vienna-London-Houston, but now I'm wondering if I should fly from Ljublana to London, overnight there and then fly out that last day. If I fly Vienna-London-Houston on the final day, it will be a tight connection.
day 1 -arrive Prague, Czech Republic
day 2- Prague
day 3- Prague
day 4 Vienna, Austria
day 5 Vienna
day 6 Bratislava, Slovakia daytrip, return to Vienna for overnight (1.5 hour train)
day 7, 8 - Salzburg, Austria
day 9- Ljubljana, Slovenia
day 10- Bled, Slovenia daytrip (1.5 hour bus)
day 11- Zabreb, Croatia daytrip (2 hour train ride)
day 12-Piran, Slovenia, Somewhere Croatia or Trieste, Italy for daytrip which would be best/easiest?
Day 13-Figure out what city to fly home from
Day 14-fly home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 2 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 3 Italy in October
- 4 Well, I'm always warning people
- 5 Istanbul: Where to buy well-made slippers in Sultanahmet (Arasta...)?
- 6 Geneva Airport Arrival
- 7 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 8 Barcelona completely overrated
- 9 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 10 Guides - Matera
- 11 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 12 Cork or Galway?
- 13 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 14 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 15 Seville in late January
- 16 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 17 Spain Itinerary Help
- 18 2 days brussel day trip london?
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 21 3 days to spend in europe
- 22 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 23 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 24 Beaches in Southern France
- 25 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport