We have 16 days in Europe. My friend will arrive 7am in Milan from Hong Kong, and i will be flying from UK to meet her there
Here is my rough itinerary so I can start booking accomadations
Day 1 - Friend arrive at Milan airport then take train to Venice where i will fly from UK to Venice to meet up with her
Stay a night at Venice
Day 2 - One day at Venice
Day 3 - Take train to Trieste (2 hrs train)
Sightseeing at Trieste and stay 1 night at Trieste
Day 4 - Whole day at Trieste
Stay 1 night at Trieste
Day 5 - Rent a car at Trieste and drive to Bled in Slovenia.
Stay a night at Lake Bled
Day 6 - Enjoy Bled for half a day and drive down to Ljubjana
Stay a night at Ljubjana
Day 7 - Whole day at Ljubjana
Stay night at Ljubjana
Day 8 - Drive to Zadar or Split
Stay a night at Zadar or Split
Day 9 - Drive and spend a whole day at Pittvice National park
Day 10- Drive to dubrovnik
Stay at Dubrovnik
Day 11 - whole day at Dubrovnik
Day 12 Somewhere in Croatia? or drive to Montenegro?
Day 13 Somewhere in Croatia? Montenegro?
Day 14 - Drive back to Milan
Day 15- Whole day at Milan
Stay a night at Milan
Day 16 - Fly back home
This is only a rough idea. I am open to options, but the main place I really want to visit is Croatia and if enough time I would like to drive from Croatia to Montenegro.
So i have a few questions.
1. Should I fly to Milan and meet up with my friend first? Or fly to Venice and meet her?
2. Should we go to Venice or go to Lake Como? or can we drive to Hallstatt?
3. Where should we stay in Croatia? Dubrovnik and somewhere else?
4. Should we rent the car in Italy or in Slovenia? Which option would be cheaper?
5. Will we have any troubles driving in all those places?
Thank you guys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 4 Granada to Madrid
- 5 House Hunting in France
- 6 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 Cognac transportation?
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 9 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 10 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 16 Naples, Italy
- 17 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 18 Where to buy Saffron?
- 19 Hotel in Vienna
- 20 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 23 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon