A friend and I are planning a trip to Eastern Europe in April of 2010. We are in the very preliminary stages, but need to secure flight reservations soon as we're using airline miles. Prague and Budapest and environs are definitely places we'd like to visit. We are also intrigued by Plitvice Lakes National Park and that area. We'll have a little over 2 weeks, and we don't need to fly in and out of the same airport. Would this be do-able? Dubrovnik sounds beautiful, but I'm thinking it would be too far south to include. We thought of flying between Ljublijana and Budapest to save some time, but the flight is over $200 and seems a little steep for the distance. Any thoughts?
Eastern Europe Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 2 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 3 Questions for my German friends
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Train to Airport in Venice
- 6 Chip but no PIN
- 7 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 8 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 9 Foie gras, redux
- 10 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 11 Dublin Tour Companies
- 12 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 13 Day trips from Seville
- 14 Oktoberfest reservations
- 15 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 16 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 17 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 18 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 19 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 20 Southern France
- 21 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 24 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 25 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.