I'm a first time 33 year old solo male looking to backpack for a month in July and August. I'm looking to see and experience the cities as well as the countryside, the nightlife (not into the club scene), the food, and of course the beaches. Finding reasonably priced flights that coordinate with a sensible travel itinerary has been a struggle, but this is what I've come up with:
Kakrow- 3 Days
High Tatras- 2 Days
Budapest- 3 Days
Belgrade- 3 Days
Sarajevo- 2 Days
Mostar- 1 Day
Kotor- 3 Days
Dubrovnik- 3 Days
Split- 3 Days
Ilovik- 2 Days (A friend will be on this Croatian island between Pula and Zadaro in his family's home, and it seems like a nice chill FREE place to hang for a few days)
Slovenia- 3 Days
Venice- 2 Days
This is 30 days. I plan on flying to Kakrow 7/9 and out of Venice to NY on 8/9.
1. Is this schedule too tight? Should I skip some of these places or spend less in some, or am I looking good? Open to all suggestions here.
2. Excluding airfare, is $3K USD going to work here?
3. I also flirted with visiting all of the listed spots except Venice. For this itinerary I would do Krakow-HighTatras-Budapest-SLOVENIA-Croatian Coast-Kotor-Mostar-Sarajevo-Belgrade... flying out of Belgrade. This I believe would free up a few days and the flights would be ever so slightly cheaper.
Thoughts and suggestions on all would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English countryside help (Cotswolds and Bath?)
- 2 MaiTaiTom & PBS...Poldark & Chavenage House
- 3 Is my Scotland itinerary doable?
- 4 5 days in Paris
- 5 Frankfurt to Munich - One day and night stop???
- 6 PAY ATTENTION AT TERMINI TRAIN STATION
- 7 Referendum in Greece
- 8 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 9 Questions regarding currency exhange
- 10 Three girls in Naples
- 11 If Greece exits
- 12 Lovely naples
- 13 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 14 Palace Versaille - worth the lines ?
- 15 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 16 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 17 Italy
- 18 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 19 American Express card for car rental with AutoEurope or Kemwel?
- 20 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 22 Wurzburg, Heidelberg, or Frankfurt after leaving Rothenburg ob der Tauber?
- 23 Normandy Trip Report Day #1 of my Month Stay
- 24 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 25 Help! College daughter's 1st day in Nerja, Spain/converter broke!!