I'm a first time 33 year old solo male looking to backpack for a month in July and August. I'm looking to see and experience the cities as well as the countryside, the nightlife (not into the club scene), the food, and of course the beaches. Finding reasonably priced flights that coordinate with a sensible travel itinerary has been a struggle, but this is what I've come up with:
Kakrow- 3 Days
High Tatras- 2 Days
Budapest- 3 Days
Belgrade- 3 Days
Sarajevo- 2 Days
Mostar- 1 Day
Kotor- 3 Days
Dubrovnik- 3 Days
Split- 3 Days
Ilovik- 2 Days (A friend will be on this Croatian island between Pula and Zadaro in his family's home, and it seems like a nice chill FREE place to hang for a few days)
Slovenia- 3 Days
Venice- 2 Days
This is 30 days. I plan on flying to Kakrow 7/9 and out of Venice to NY on 8/9.
1. Is this schedule too tight? Should I skip some of these places or spend less in some, or am I looking good? Open to all suggestions here.
2. Excluding airfare, is $3K USD going to work here?
3. I also flirted with visiting all of the listed spots except Venice. For this itinerary I would do Krakow-HighTatras-Budapest-SLOVENIA-Croatian Coast-Kotor-Mostar-Sarajevo-Belgrade... flying out of Belgrade. This I believe would free up a few days and the flights would be ever so slightly cheaper.
Thoughts and suggestions on all would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 2 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 3 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 4 Itinerary help...
- 5 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 6 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 7 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 8 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 9 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 10 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 11 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 12 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 13 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 14 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 15 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 16 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 A week in Paris
- 19 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 20 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 2 week itinery
- 23 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 24 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 25 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany