I'm a first time 33 year old solo male looking to backpack for a month in July and August. I'm looking to see and experience the cities as well as the countryside, the nightlife (not into the club scene), the food, and of course the beaches. Finding reasonably priced flights that coordinate with a sensible travel itinerary has been a struggle, but this is what I've come up with:
Kakrow- 3 Days
High Tatras- 2 Days
Budapest- 3 Days
Belgrade- 3 Days
Sarajevo- 2 Days
Mostar- 1 Day
Kotor- 3 Days
Dubrovnik- 3 Days
Split- 3 Days
Ilovik- 2 Days (A friend will be on this Croatian island between Pula and Zadaro in his family's home, and it seems like a nice chill FREE place to hang for a few days)
Slovenia- 3 Days
Venice- 2 Days
This is 30 days. I plan on flying to Kakrow 7/9 and out of Venice to NY on 8/9.
1. Is this schedule too tight? Should I skip some of these places or spend less in some, or am I looking good? Open to all suggestions here.
2. Excluding airfare, is $3K USD going to work here?
3. I also flirted with visiting all of the listed spots except Venice. For this itinerary I would do Krakow-HighTatras-Budapest-SLOVENIA-Croatian Coast-Kotor-Mostar-Sarajevo-Belgrade... flying out of Belgrade. This I believe would free up a few days and the flights would be ever so slightly cheaper.
Thoughts and suggestions on all would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 2 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 3 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 4 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 Cinqueterre
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 Central and Northern Italy
- 10 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 11 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 14 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 15 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 16 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 17 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 18 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 19 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 20 Scotland Trip Report
- 21 Charming areas to explore in London
- 22 Trip to Ireland in September
- 23 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 24 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 25 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo