I'm a first time 33 year old solo male looking to backpack for a month in July and August. I'm looking to see and experience the cities as well as the countryside, the nightlife (not into the club scene), the food, and of course the beaches. Finding reasonably priced flights that coordinate with a sensible travel itinerary has been a struggle, but this is what I've come up with:
Kakrow- 3 Days
High Tatras- 2 Days
Budapest- 3 Days
Belgrade- 3 Days
Sarajevo- 2 Days
Mostar- 1 Day
Kotor- 3 Days
Dubrovnik- 3 Days
Split- 3 Days
Ilovik- 2 Days (A friend will be on this Croatian island between Pula and Zadaro in his family's home, and it seems like a nice chill FREE place to hang for a few days)
Slovenia- 3 Days
Venice- 2 Days
This is 30 days. I plan on flying to Kakrow 7/9 and out of Venice to NY on 8/9.
1. Is this schedule too tight? Should I skip some of these places or spend less in some, or am I looking good? Open to all suggestions here.
2. Excluding airfare, is $3K USD going to work here?
3. I also flirted with visiting all of the listed spots except Venice. For this itinerary I would do Krakow-HighTatras-Budapest-SLOVENIA-Croatian Coast-Kotor-Mostar-Sarajevo-Belgrade... flying out of Belgrade. This I believe would free up a few days and the flights would be ever so slightly cheaper.
Thoughts and suggestions on all would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 2 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 3 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 4 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 5 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 6 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 7 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 8 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 9 TAP airlines & other questions
- 10 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 11 Netflix and Hulu
- 12 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 13 Paris hotels
- 14 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 15 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 16 Florence with 11 & 13 year old
- 17 Naples
- 18 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 19 England--Cambridge on a Sunday (SIM card? Restaurants)
- 20 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 21 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 22 Amalfi October 16-25
- 23 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 24 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 25 Winter Western Europe Tour