I'm a first time 33 year old solo male looking to backpack for a month in July and August. I'm looking to see and experience the cities as well as the countryside, the nightlife (not into the club scene), the food, and of course the beaches. Finding reasonably priced flights that coordinate with a sensible travel itinerary has been a struggle, but this is what I've come up with:
Kakrow- 3 Days
High Tatras- 2 Days
Budapest- 3 Days
Belgrade- 3 Days
Sarajevo- 2 Days
Mostar- 1 Day
Kotor- 3 Days
Dubrovnik- 3 Days
Split- 3 Days
Ilovik- 2 Days (A friend will be on this Croatian island between Pula and Zadaro in his family's home, and it seems like a nice chill FREE place to hang for a few days)
Slovenia- 3 Days
Venice- 2 Days
This is 30 days. I plan on flying to Kakrow 7/9 and out of Venice to NY on 8/9.
1. Is this schedule too tight? Should I skip some of these places or spend less in some, or am I looking good? Open to all suggestions here.
2. Excluding airfare, is $3K USD going to work here?
3. I also flirted with visiting all of the listed spots except Venice. For this itinerary I would do Krakow-HighTatras-Budapest-SLOVENIA-Croatian Coast-Kotor-Mostar-Sarajevo-Belgrade... flying out of Belgrade. This I believe would free up a few days and the flights would be ever so slightly cheaper.
Thoughts and suggestions on all would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Eastern Europe Itinerary 1 Month July '12
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 2 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 3 Fashion for larger man?
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 6 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 9 Three days in Spain
- 10 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 11 1 week in Croatia
- 12 german rail ticket question
- 13 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 14 Trip to Iceland
- 15 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 25 Eating in France-two new books