I need to be in Czech Republic for a few days in January and would love to take advantage of the required time there to play a little as well. The big concern: we'll have our then 18 month old with us. We already live in the timezone, so jet lag isn't a huge concern. And, he's an excellent traveller! (so far).
I know each family is different, but I'd love some input.
We're considering taking the train through Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, etc. We're thinking the train will be easier (in winter) than driving. We've also considered just finding a magical AirB&B somewhere beautiful and parking it for a few days. Any suggestions? Is there a place in Eastern Europe that has great sledding (my husband loves to ski, but he's not excited about hitting the slopes alone, leaving me and our son to play). Or other activities/specific places that would be fun for a toddler in winter? Does anyone have a suggested itinerary for about a week? Or should we just spend the few required days in Czech Republic then fly somewhere warmer for our vacation? Lisbon? Barcelona? Naples? There seem to be so many beautiful/amazing options for an Eastern European winter, yet so few things ideal for toddler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Spain and South of France
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Overnight at Heathrow
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Ronda Wine/biking
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Andalucia itinerary help
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 21 Prague
- 22 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 9 days in London
- 25 Where to buy things outside of Munich