I need to be in Czech Republic for a few days in January and would love to take advantage of the required time there to play a little as well. The big concern: we'll have our then 18 month old with us. We already live in the timezone, so jet lag isn't a huge concern. And, he's an excellent traveller! (so far).
I know each family is different, but I'd love some input.
We're considering taking the train through Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, etc. We're thinking the train will be easier (in winter) than driving. We've also considered just finding a magical AirB&B somewhere beautiful and parking it for a few days. Any suggestions? Is there a place in Eastern Europe that has great sledding (my husband loves to ski, but he's not excited about hitting the slopes alone, leaving me and our son to play). Or other activities/specific places that would be fun for a toddler in winter? Does anyone have a suggested itinerary for about a week? Or should we just spend the few required days in Czech Republic then fly somewhere warmer for our vacation? Lisbon? Barcelona? Naples? There seem to be so many beautiful/amazing options for an Eastern European winter, yet so few things ideal for toddler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://trycognimaxiq.com/lash-rejuv/
- 2 TIM in FCO - update
- 3 Visa Query
- 4 London in Winter Report
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Legal documents assistants
- 10 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 11 ATM help
- 12 ATM
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 15 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 Montserrat Express
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 22 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 23 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 24 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?