I need to be in Czech Republic for a few days in January and would love to take advantage of the required time there to play a little as well. The big concern: we'll have our then 18 month old with us. We already live in the timezone, so jet lag isn't a huge concern. And, he's an excellent traveller! (so far).
I know each family is different, but I'd love some input.
We're considering taking the train through Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, etc. We're thinking the train will be easier (in winter) than driving. We've also considered just finding a magical AirB&B somewhere beautiful and parking it for a few days. Any suggestions? Is there a place in Eastern Europe that has great sledding (my husband loves to ski, but he's not excited about hitting the slopes alone, leaving me and our son to play). Or other activities/specific places that would be fun for a toddler in winter? Does anyone have a suggested itinerary for about a week? Or should we just spend the few required days in Czech Republic then fly somewhere warmer for our vacation? Lisbon? Barcelona? Naples? There seem to be so many beautiful/amazing options for an Eastern European winter, yet so few things ideal for toddler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland March Itinerary
- 2 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 3 Planning A trip
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 8 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Checking accounts in Europe
- 12 Accountant in Slovenia
- 13 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 16 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 17 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 18 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 19 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 20 Italy June 6-16
- 21 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Help us with our new sharing economy business