I need to be in Czech Republic for a few days in January and would love to take advantage of the required time there to play a little as well. The big concern: we'll have our then 18 month old with us. We already live in the timezone, so jet lag isn't a huge concern. And, he's an excellent traveller! (so far).
I know each family is different, but I'd love some input.
We're considering taking the train through Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, etc. We're thinking the train will be easier (in winter) than driving. We've also considered just finding a magical AirB&B somewhere beautiful and parking it for a few days. Any suggestions? Is there a place in Eastern Europe that has great sledding (my husband loves to ski, but he's not excited about hitting the slopes alone, leaving me and our son to play). Or other activities/specific places that would be fun for a toddler in winter? Does anyone have a suggested itinerary for about a week? Or should we just spend the few required days in Czech Republic then fly somewhere warmer for our vacation? Lisbon? Barcelona? Naples? There seem to be so many beautiful/amazing options for an Eastern European winter, yet so few things ideal for toddler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Associations with Russian cities
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 4 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 5 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 6 Thinking about the Fjords
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Where to eat in Rome?
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 12 Poland to Austria In December
- 13 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 14 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 15 Best Neck Pillow
- 16 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 19 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 20 Tracking the Weather
- 21 Italy travel plan help
- 22 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 23 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 24 Alsace to Austria?
- 25 road trip through scotland