I need to be in Czech Republic for a few days in January and would love to take advantage of the required time there to play a little as well. The big concern: we'll have our then 18 month old with us. We already live in the timezone, so jet lag isn't a huge concern. And, he's an excellent traveller! (so far).
I know each family is different, but I'd love some input.
We're considering taking the train through Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, etc. We're thinking the train will be easier (in winter) than driving. We've also considered just finding a magical AirB&B somewhere beautiful and parking it for a few days. Any suggestions? Is there a place in Eastern Europe that has great sledding (my husband loves to ski, but he's not excited about hitting the slopes alone, leaving me and our son to play). Or other activities/specific places that would be fun for a toddler in winter? Does anyone have a suggested itinerary for about a week? Or should we just spend the few required days in Czech Republic then fly somewhere warmer for our vacation? Lisbon? Barcelona? Naples? There seem to be so many beautiful/amazing options for an Eastern European winter, yet so few things ideal for toddler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental help in Sicily
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 alItalia
- 4 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 5 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 6 Is Sicily Safe?
- 7 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 8 credit and debit cards
- 9 Clean up spam
- 10 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 11 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 12 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 13 Mykonos Beach Club
- 14 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 15 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 16 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 17 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 18 Visit to Engand
- 19 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 20 Trip in September
- 21 Which city order makes most sense?
- 22 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 23 London Restaurants
- 24 Munich Hotel Location
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To