DW, kids (DD6, DD4), and I are travelling to Greece May 14-26. We're a couple from India turning the big 4-Oh this year. Rough plans are these.
May 14: Land at Athens 1220hrs. Rent a car and drive to Meteora. 2 nights. (4 hours??)
May 16th: Drive down to Delphi. 1 night
May 17 - 19 - Back to Athens.
May 20-22 - Ferry to Naxos. Olympic air on return.
May 23-25 - Drive to Nafplio, Mycenae, and Epidavros
May 26 - Fly back home.
To me this seems like a relaxed kind of trip. Have to do two sets of car rentals as we are meeting family who are flying into Athens on 17th. Some questions I have.
- Some of the members suggested budget car rentals in Athens. Is this the best one?
- Are the meteora hikes child friendly? or extremely rugged?
- Athens - Naxos - thinking of Olympic airlines on the return leg and ferry to Athens. Got a fare of E150 for 4 of us which seems quite reasonable. Good and dependable airline?
- Can someone help with a routing of sites in Athens. We will most likely stay near city center, but wanted help on how to plan to visit the key sites - I don't plan to drive in Athens so public transport and legs mostly. Thanks a bunch. Very excited about this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 Looking for a Luxury Villa in Lucca
- 3 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 4 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 5 Scotland - We're Here!
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 IWM
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 10 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 11 Guided Vatican Tours
- 12 Avoid Europcar!
- 13 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 14 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 17 Train / Calabria
- 18 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 London in Winter Report
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 23 16 days in France and Italy
- 24 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 25 Changing Planes at Fiumicino