Last week we went with our two kids to see Windmills at Zaanse Schans in the city of Zaandam (15 min. by train from Amsterdam) in Holland/The Netherlands. It was a very relaxed day out and interesting for the kids as well (?!).....and allmost everything is free. All kind of windmills and old dutch houses you can just walk in, only for some 'extra's you have to pay. But when it's raining or windy better you look for an other activity. I think the Zaanse Schans is not much fun when you're walking around in the rain. And there are some days the mills are not open for public, better check www.dutchmills.eu before you go.
Dutch windmills at Zaanse Schans
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 2 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 3 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 4 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 5 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 6 Urgent Need of Advice
- 7 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 8 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 9 French rental car advice needed
- 10 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 11 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 12 Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey
- 13 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 14 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 15 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 16 Macarons!
- 17 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 18 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 19 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 20 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 21 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 22 Southern Turkey -- hiking the Lycian Way
- 23 Lycian Way
- 24 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 25 Rental Car in Paris