Last week we went with our two kids to see Windmills at Zaanse Schans in the city of Zaandam (15 min. by train from Amsterdam) in Holland/The Netherlands. It was a very relaxed day out and interesting for the kids as well (?!).....and allmost everything is free. All kind of windmills and old dutch houses you can just walk in, only for some 'extra's you have to pay. But when it's raining or windy better you look for an other activity. I think the Zaanse Schans is not much fun when you're walking around in the rain. And there are some days the mills are not open for public, better check www.dutchmills.eu before you go.
Dutch windmills at Zaanse Schans
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 2 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 3 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 4 Moving to Belfast
- 5 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 6 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 7 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 8 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 9 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 10 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 11 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 12 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 13 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 14 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 15 Luggage sizing
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 18 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 19 London during Christmas week
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 22 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 23 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 24 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 25 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?