Last week we went with our two kids to see Windmills at Zaanse Schans in the city of Zaandam (15 min. by train from Amsterdam) in Holland/The Netherlands. It was a very relaxed day out and interesting for the kids as well (?!).....and allmost everything is free. All kind of windmills and old dutch houses you can just walk in, only for some 'extra's you have to pay. But when it's raining or windy better you look for an other activity. I think the Zaanse Schans is not much fun when you're walking around in the rain. And there are some days the mills are not open for public, better check www.dutchmills.eu before you go.
Dutch windmills at Zaanse Schans
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 2 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 3 British English
- 4 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 5 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 6 Spain for 7 days
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 9 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 10 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 11 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 12 Passport Delays
- 13 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 14 Brugge photo on Bing
- 15 A town in France for a month
- 16 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 17 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 18 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 19 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 21 Spending money in Italy?
- 22 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 23 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 24 Normandy in October
- 25 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip