Last week we went with our two kids to see Windmills at Zaanse Schans in the city of Zaandam (15 min. by train from Amsterdam) in Holland/The Netherlands. It was a very relaxed day out and interesting for the kids as well (?!).....and allmost everything is free. All kind of windmills and old dutch houses you can just walk in, only for some 'extra's you have to pay. But when it's raining or windy better you look for an other activity. I think the Zaanse Schans is not much fun when you're walking around in the rain. And there are some days the mills are not open for public, better check www.dutchmills.eu before you go.
Dutch windmills at Zaanse Schans
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 2 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 3 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 4 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 5 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 6 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 7 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 8 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 9 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 10 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 11 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 12 Visit to Bath and London england
- 13 Southern Italy without a Car
- 14 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 15 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 16 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 17 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 18 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 19 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 20 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 21 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 22 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?
- 23 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up