I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.
These are 4 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.
*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.
*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.
*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive
*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 2 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 3 5 Observations About Paris
- 4 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 5 Scotland November 2015
- 6 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 7 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 8 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 9 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 10 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 11 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 12 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 13 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 14 Is my plan ok
- 15 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 16 Reputable Tours
- 17 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 18 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 19 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 20 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 21 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 25 Portugal Trip