I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.
These are 4 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.
*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.
*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.
*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive
*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love spells Call Mubaraka sheik +27787609980- Pretoria, Gautengs
- 2 Walking itinerary in England?
- 3 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 4 First time in Bulgaria
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 9 Self drive tour companies
- 10 Cambridge in May
- 11 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 15 Madrid/Lisbon
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Greek fuel cost
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 21 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 22 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 23 Day trips from Florence
- 24 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 25 May get together in Paris