I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.
These are 4 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.
*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.
*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.
*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive
*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Trip in July
- 2 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 6 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 7 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 8 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 9 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 10 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 11 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 12 Azores
- 13 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 14 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 15 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 16 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 17 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 18 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 19 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 22 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Sim Card Options
- 25 Greek Islands (small)