I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.
These are 4 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.
*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.
*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.
*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive
*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 2 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 3 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 4 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 5 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 6 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 9 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 10 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 11 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 16 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 17 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 18 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 19 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 20 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 21 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 22 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 23 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 24 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!