I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.
These are 4 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.
*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.
*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.
*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive
*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 2 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 3 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 6 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 7 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 8 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 9 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 10 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 11 Rocamaxour
- 12 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 13 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 14 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 15 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 16 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 17 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 18 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 19 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 20 Dordogne lodging
- 21 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 22 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 23 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 24 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 25 Dordogne markets