I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.
These are 4 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.
*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.
*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.
*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive
*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 London's Must Sights!
- 4 How to save money when travellin' to London
- 5 McRent, Germany - AVOID!!!
- 6 Italy - rental car damages query
- 7 Travel vs. Babies
- 8 Travel help
- 9 St Tropez vs Monaco
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 European Cooking Secrets
- 12 Get Ultimate Fun with England Escorts in the Bedroom
- 13 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 14 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 15 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 16 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 17 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 18 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 19 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 20 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 21 20 Days in Europe
- 22 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 23 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 24 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 25 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries