I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.
These are 4 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.
*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.
*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.
*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive
*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary