I am looking for a good place to spend 2 nights (Jun 10-12) in the Duoro Valley as part of a larger trip to Portugal and Spain/Barcelona. We will likely have a rental car. We will be spending the previous 2 nights in Porto and then flying out of Porto late on Jun 12 (8:45 pm) to Barcelona. We are a family of 3 (parents and 13 yr old). Looking for a place that has rural character, probably a pool, and/or other activities a 13 yr might like (need to balance the wine tasting with some kid stuff). I've seen a number of places that advertise communal portugese dinners which sounds nice. Would like to keep it around $150 per night or less if possible and also trying to avoid sofabeds.
These are 4 places I've identified so far. Any comments on location or other? The prices quoted below are from Booking.com and are total for 2 nights.
*Quinta das Lamas e Salgueirinhos $208 (2 – triple rooms left); no view of the river, but still looks beautiful; small pool, includes breakfast, location? - Resende and Caldas de Aregos, the nearest towns, are a 15-minute drive from the farm.
*Casa do Moleiro- 2 bedrm villa $236 (1 available) , river view, pool, wi-fi, meals avail – I think; Locatio? Cinfães, which is by the River Douro, well inside the country and about an hours drive to Porto. 1.25 hr to Pinhao.
*Quinta Das Quintas – Family apartment $361 includes brkfast, pool, a/c, no internet, farm animals, meals upon request. 1.25 to porto; 1.5 hr to Pinhao. Location? expensive
*Casal De Tralhariz – Studio apartment ($208 sofabed) & 2 bedroom ($361); great reviews; pool; dinners on site; brkfast included, a/c, wifi. I think a better location?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 2 Happy birthday ATM
- 3 tickets for Wimbledon
- 4 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 5 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 10 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 13 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 BG/SLBC/MTN/DLC/LC FOR LEASE AND PURCHACE
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Spain - day driver advice
- 22 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 25 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report