The wonderment of visiting famous tourist cities was fading, and I thought it might be different to visit Dubrovnik old town, as there are very few intact medieval walled cities remaining. Visually it was all I expected with narrow lanes and dramatic fortifications, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it was still a living city with washing strewn across the narrow lanes and the locals scurrying in and out of their houses. During the day, it was packed full of tourists like me, but then in the early morning and evening most visitors vanished, and a peaceful ambience descended on the town. I have expanded my impressions and provided an illustrated report including maps and images at http://www.artphototravel.net/europe/dubrovnik-town-croatia/
Dubrovnik old town
- 1 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 2 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 3 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 4 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 7 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 8 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 9 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 10 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 11 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 12 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 13 Stop over in France
- 14 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 15 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 16 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 17 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 18 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 19 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 20 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 21 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 22 Northern Italy
- 23 Home base in Provence in July
- 24 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 25 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out