The wonderment of visiting famous tourist cities was fading, and I thought it might be different to visit Dubrovnik old town, as there are very few intact medieval walled cities remaining. Visually it was all I expected with narrow lanes and dramatic fortifications, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it was still a living city with washing strewn across the narrow lanes and the locals scurrying in and out of their houses. During the day, it was packed full of tourists like me, but then in the early morning and evening most visitors vanished, and a peaceful ambience descended on the town. I have expanded my impressions and provided an illustrated report including maps and images at http://www.artphototravel.net/europe/dubrovnik-town-croatia/
Dubrovnik old town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 3 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 6 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 7 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 8 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 Traveling to Munich
- 18 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 19 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 20 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 24 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 25 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)