I'm not sure if I am the only one who is having trouble figuring out how to get from one place to the next. I've read multiple sources, but am not confident I understand what's the latest and correct information. My husband and I (early 30s; like a mix of relaxation and sightseeing with some nightlife mixed in) are planning to fly from NYC to Dubrovnik (arriving July 3), go to Hvar, Split, and go on to the UK/London for 6-7 days. I need some help figuring out the logistics, especially making sure I am reading the ferry schedules right and not planning to leave on a day where there is no ferry. Could really use your help, especially in pointing me to the right ferry timetables:
7/2, Weds: Fly out of NYC
7/3, Thurs: Arrive Dubrovnik; Overnight Dubrovnik
7/7, Mon: Travel to Hvar; Overnight Hvar
7/9, Weds: Travel to Split; Overnight Split
7/12, Sat: Leave Split; go to UK (this date is flexible +/- 1 day per your suggestions)
1. Are we budgeting the right time for Dubrovnik-Hvar-Split and is this the right/logical order to see them? What would you change?
2. On Mon, 7/7 is the best option to take a bus from Dubrovnik to Split, and then a ferry to Hvar? Is there a ferry that day, and will it leave late enough for us to make it?
3. On Weds, 7/9 we would want to take a ferry from Hvar to Split.
But if I read this page correctly the ferry only does this route on Tuesday: http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html
Or should I look at either of these:
4. Would having a car make anything easier? If so for which locations?
Thank you in advance everyone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 2 Lyon
- 3 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 4 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 5 What do after Bernia Express?
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 French theater in Paris
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 15 Germany family road trip help!
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 18 Barcelona
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?