I'm not sure if I am the only one who is having trouble figuring out how to get from one place to the next. I've read multiple sources, but am not confident I understand what's the latest and correct information. My husband and I (early 30s; like a mix of relaxation and sightseeing with some nightlife mixed in) are planning to fly from NYC to Dubrovnik (arriving July 3), go to Hvar, Split, and go on to the UK/London for 6-7 days. I need some help figuring out the logistics, especially making sure I am reading the ferry schedules right and not planning to leave on a day where there is no ferry. Could really use your help, especially in pointing me to the right ferry timetables:
7/2, Weds: Fly out of NYC
7/3, Thurs: Arrive Dubrovnik; Overnight Dubrovnik
7/7, Mon: Travel to Hvar; Overnight Hvar
7/9, Weds: Travel to Split; Overnight Split
7/12, Sat: Leave Split; go to UK (this date is flexible +/- 1 day per your suggestions)
1. Are we budgeting the right time for Dubrovnik-Hvar-Split and is this the right/logical order to see them? What would you change?
2. On Mon, 7/7 is the best option to take a bus from Dubrovnik to Split, and then a ferry to Hvar? Is there a ferry that day, and will it leave late enough for us to make it?
3. On Weds, 7/9 we would want to take a ferry from Hvar to Split.
But if I read this page correctly the ferry only does this route on Tuesday: http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html
Or should I look at either of these:
4. Would having a car make anything easier? If so for which locations?
Thank you in advance everyone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 5 Versailles
- 6 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 11 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 16 driving from prague to salzburg
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 19 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 20 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 21 Germany train help!
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 Sicily