I'm not sure if I am the only one who is having trouble figuring out how to get from one place to the next. I've read multiple sources, but am not confident I understand what's the latest and correct information. My husband and I (early 30s; like a mix of relaxation and sightseeing with some nightlife mixed in) are planning to fly from NYC to Dubrovnik (arriving July 3), go to Hvar, Split, and go on to the UK/London for 6-7 days. I need some help figuring out the logistics, especially making sure I am reading the ferry schedules right and not planning to leave on a day where there is no ferry. Could really use your help, especially in pointing me to the right ferry timetables:
7/2, Weds: Fly out of NYC
7/3, Thurs: Arrive Dubrovnik; Overnight Dubrovnik
7/7, Mon: Travel to Hvar; Overnight Hvar
7/9, Weds: Travel to Split; Overnight Split
7/12, Sat: Leave Split; go to UK (this date is flexible +/- 1 day per your suggestions)
1. Are we budgeting the right time for Dubrovnik-Hvar-Split and is this the right/logical order to see them? What would you change?
2. On Mon, 7/7 is the best option to take a bus from Dubrovnik to Split, and then a ferry to Hvar? Is there a ferry that day, and will it leave late enough for us to make it?
3. On Weds, 7/9 we would want to take a ferry from Hvar to Split.
But if I read this page correctly the ferry only does this route on Tuesday: http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html
Or should I look at either of these:
4. Would having a car make anything easier? If so for which locations?
Thank you in advance everyone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 5 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 8 8 Days in Spain
- 9 Venice/Mestre
- 10 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 11 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 12 car insurance italy
- 13 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Italy Car Scam
- 16 auto europa or auto europe?
- 17 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 21 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 24 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris