I'm not sure if I am the only one who is having trouble figuring out how to get from one place to the next. I've read multiple sources, but am not confident I understand what's the latest and correct information. My husband and I (early 30s; like a mix of relaxation and sightseeing with some nightlife mixed in) are planning to fly from NYC to Dubrovnik (arriving July 3), go to Hvar, Split, and go on to the UK/London for 6-7 days. I need some help figuring out the logistics, especially making sure I am reading the ferry schedules right and not planning to leave on a day where there is no ferry. Could really use your help, especially in pointing me to the right ferry timetables:
7/2, Weds: Fly out of NYC
7/3, Thurs: Arrive Dubrovnik; Overnight Dubrovnik
7/7, Mon: Travel to Hvar; Overnight Hvar
7/9, Weds: Travel to Split; Overnight Split
7/12, Sat: Leave Split; go to UK (this date is flexible +/- 1 day per your suggestions)
1. Are we budgeting the right time for Dubrovnik-Hvar-Split and is this the right/logical order to see them? What would you change?
2. On Mon, 7/7 is the best option to take a bus from Dubrovnik to Split, and then a ferry to Hvar? Is there a ferry that day, and will it leave late enough for us to make it?
3. On Weds, 7/9 we would want to take a ferry from Hvar to Split.
But if I read this page correctly the ferry only does this route on Tuesday: http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html
Or should I look at either of these:
4. Would having a car make anything easier? If so for which locations?
Thank you in advance everyone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight
- 2 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 3 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 4 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Outstanding Bangalore Escorts Agency
- 7 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 8 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 13 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 14 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 17 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 18 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 20 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 21 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 22 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 23 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 24 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 25 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence