I'm not sure if I am the only one who is having trouble figuring out how to get from one place to the next. I've read multiple sources, but am not confident I understand what's the latest and correct information. My husband and I (early 30s; like a mix of relaxation and sightseeing with some nightlife mixed in) are planning to fly from NYC to Dubrovnik (arriving July 3), go to Hvar, Split, and go on to the UK/London for 6-7 days. I need some help figuring out the logistics, especially making sure I am reading the ferry schedules right and not planning to leave on a day where there is no ferry. Could really use your help, especially in pointing me to the right ferry timetables:
7/2, Weds: Fly out of NYC
7/3, Thurs: Arrive Dubrovnik; Overnight Dubrovnik
7/7, Mon: Travel to Hvar; Overnight Hvar
7/9, Weds: Travel to Split; Overnight Split
7/12, Sat: Leave Split; go to UK (this date is flexible +/- 1 day per your suggestions)
1. Are we budgeting the right time for Dubrovnik-Hvar-Split and is this the right/logical order to see them? What would you change?
2. On Mon, 7/7 is the best option to take a bus from Dubrovnik to Split, and then a ferry to Hvar? Is there a ferry that day, and will it leave late enough for us to make it?
3. On Weds, 7/9 we would want to take a ferry from Hvar to Split.
But if I read this page correctly the ferry only does this route on Tuesday: http://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing_schedule.html
Or should I look at either of these:
4. Would having a car make anything easier? If so for which locations?
Thank you in advance everyone.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 11 Towersey, London
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Amalfi Coast help
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 18 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden