My best friend and I are planning a trip for our 30th birthday and we would like to go to Dublin, London and Paris or London, Paris and Amsterdam. This will be our first trip to Europe and we would like any and all input (thank you in advance!) about these destinations together or if we should just stick to one city opposed to two or three (we are SO newbies, we need all the help we can get!).
We would ideally like to go for about 2 weeks (crossing fingers, I can accrue enough PTO) or at least a week (which we would definitely narrow it down to one or possibly two cities).
I would appreciate all suggestions for places to stay, we are looking for about $200/night but wouldn't mind saving all the extra money we can. We are open to all ideas! We are also planning all the 'touristy' attractions that we can possibly see but not sure which ones are worth it.
We have also decided that we wouldn't mind getting a little exercise in, so any suggestions on walking tours would be great.
Also, we are trying to go in the beginning of March (our birthday month) and have been told by a few locals from England that it will be really cold but we might get better deals on flights and hotel accommodations. When would be the best time to purchase plane tickets? Booking hotel rooms?
Long story short- we are so clueless about anything (wow, that sounds so sad, ha ha) that any tidbits of information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 2 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 3 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 4 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Passport proplems
- 7 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 8 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 9 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 Itinerary help...
- 12 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 15 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 16 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 17 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 18 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 A week in Paris
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 Help needed with Europe itinerary
Dublin, London and Paris (or London, Paris and Amsterdam).