My best friend and I are planning a trip for our 30th birthday and we would like to go to Dublin, London and Paris or London, Paris and Amsterdam. This will be our first trip to Europe and we would like any and all input (thank you in advance!) about these destinations together or if we should just stick to one city opposed to two or three (we are SO newbies, we need all the help we can get!).
We would ideally like to go for about 2 weeks (crossing fingers, I can accrue enough PTO) or at least a week (which we would definitely narrow it down to one or possibly two cities).
I would appreciate all suggestions for places to stay, we are looking for about $200/night but wouldn't mind saving all the extra money we can. We are open to all ideas! We are also planning all the 'touristy' attractions that we can possibly see but not sure which ones are worth it.
We have also decided that we wouldn't mind getting a little exercise in, so any suggestions on walking tours would be great.
Also, we are trying to go in the beginning of March (our birthday month) and have been told by a few locals from England that it will be really cold but we might get better deals on flights and hotel accommodations. When would be the best time to purchase plane tickets? Booking hotel rooms?
Long story short- we are so clueless about anything (wow, that sounds so sad, ha ha) that any tidbits of information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 add now: YAHOO MAIL tec^h 1800.570+1233 CONTACT y@hoo 24*7
- 2 SET UP: Te^ch SUPP0RT AOL CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 AOL MAIL
- 3 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 6 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 7 International drivers permit
- 8 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 11 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 14 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 15 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 16 Naples + Walking Tour
- 17 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 20 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 21 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 22 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 TIM in FCO - update
- 25 London GTG May 19-25
Dublin, London and Paris (or London, Paris and Amsterdam).