My best friend and I are planning a trip for our 30th birthday and we would like to go to Dublin, London and Paris or London, Paris and Amsterdam. This will be our first trip to Europe and we would like any and all input (thank you in advance!) about these destinations together or if we should just stick to one city opposed to two or three (we are SO newbies, we need all the help we can get!).
We would ideally like to go for about 2 weeks (crossing fingers, I can accrue enough PTO) or at least a week (which we would definitely narrow it down to one or possibly two cities).
I would appreciate all suggestions for places to stay, we are looking for about $200/night but wouldn't mind saving all the extra money we can. We are open to all ideas! We are also planning all the 'touristy' attractions that we can possibly see but not sure which ones are worth it.
We have also decided that we wouldn't mind getting a little exercise in, so any suggestions on walking tours would be great.
Also, we are trying to go in the beginning of March (our birthday month) and have been told by a few locals from England that it will be really cold but we might get better deals on flights and hotel accommodations. When would be the best time to purchase plane tickets? Booking hotel rooms?
Long story short- we are so clueless about anything (wow, that sounds so sad, ha ha) that any tidbits of information would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 2 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 3 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 4 Where to buy Saffron?
- 5 English Countryside
- 6 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 9 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 10 Super Cover For Hertz
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 4 days itinerary for France
- 13 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 14 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 15 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 16 When to Visit Scotland
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 20 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 21 House Hunting in France
- 22 Itinerary Tweaking
- 23 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 24 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 25 family holiday Rome&Venice
Dublin, London and Paris (or London, Paris and Amsterdam).