Hi to all,
My sister and I will be in Dublin for 6 days in June. In order to get the best assistance possible from my fellow Fodor,ers I am including our travel time. We will be arriving in Dublin on June 7th at 2:30 pm and leaving on June 12th at 2:50 pm. We are staying right in the centre of Dublin ( on Copper Alley), so our first day will most probably be spent walking around the Temple Bar area and getting to know our neighbourhood (given we are not too jet lagged).
We purchased a 2 day Dublin pass along with a 3 day Freedom pass all ready, since we got a good deal. We first thought of using the Dublin pass on the 8th and 9th but realised that doing it that way would only leave us 2 full days to sightsee outside of Dublin. Now, my sister and I have been talking and we are thinking about using the 8,9 and 10th of June for sight seeing outside of Dublin and using our Dublin pass on the 11th all day and doing a full morning of sight seeing on the 12th, before our departure to the airport at around 1:00 pm .
On these two days (11 and 12) (one full and one-half) we would like to visit these sites:
Old Jameson Distillery
Is the visit to these sites feasible in one and a half day? Does the Freedom pass include the travel/transport to Kilmainham Goal and Malahide Castle?
We have taken off the idea of visiting Cliff's of Moher, since we do not want to sit on the bus for 8 hours or so,and therefore loosing a day sitting on a bus seat.
Instead, we where thinking about a visit to Kilkenny and another to Blarney, but would like to know if it's doable by bus? If so, how much is the bus ride? Where do we buy the tickets? We wanted to compare the fares with a tour bus and see if it would be worth it to do it on our own without having to follow a group.
Now, if our plan to do the Dublin visit in one and a half day works out, we have one full day left. What other place should we visit outside Dublin?
Thank you all in advance for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 2 Is Venice overrated?
- 3 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 6 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 7 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 8 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 9 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 10 sim card
- 11 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 12 Chennai Movers and Packers @ http://4th.co.in/packers-and-movers-chennai/
- 13 http://www.thecrazymass.com/revitasence/
- 14 Judging through my prior capabilities
- 15 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 16 Movers and Packers in Mumbai @ http://4th.co.in/packers-and-movers-mumbai/
- 17 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 18 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 19 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 20 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 21 Venice to Croatia
- 22 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 23 Amsterdam in August
- 24 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 25 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
Hi to all,