Hi to all,
My sister and I will be in Dublin for 6 days in June. In order to get the best assistance possible from my fellow Fodor,ers I am including our travel time. We will be arriving in Dublin on June 7th at 2:30 pm and leaving on June 12th at 2:50 pm. We are staying right in the centre of Dublin ( on Copper Alley), so our first day will most probably be spent walking around the Temple Bar area and getting to know our neighbourhood (given we are not too jet lagged).
We purchased a 2 day Dublin pass along with a 3 day Freedom pass all ready, since we got a good deal. We first thought of using the Dublin pass on the 8th and 9th but realised that doing it that way would only leave us 2 full days to sightsee outside of Dublin. Now, my sister and I have been talking and we are thinking about using the 8,9 and 10th of June for sight seeing outside of Dublin and using our Dublin pass on the 11th all day and doing a full morning of sight seeing on the 12th, before our departure to the airport at around 1:00 pm .
On these two days (11 and 12) (one full and one-half) we would like to visit these sites:
Old Jameson Distillery
Is the visit to these sites feasible in one and a half day? Does the Freedom pass include the travel/transport to Kilmainham Goal and Malahide Castle?
We have taken off the idea of visiting Cliff's of Moher, since we do not want to sit on the bus for 8 hours or so,and therefore loosing a day sitting on a bus seat.
Instead, we where thinking about a visit to Kilkenny and another to Blarney, but would like to know if it's doable by bus? If so, how much is the bus ride? Where do we buy the tickets? We wanted to compare the fares with a tour bus and see if it would be worth it to do it on our own without having to follow a group.
Now, if our plan to do the Dublin visit in one and a half day works out, we have one full day left. What other place should we visit outside Dublin?
Thank you all in advance for your time.
Dublin for 6 days.. need Help
Hi to all,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 2 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 3 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 6 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 7 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 8 renting a car in Germany
- 9 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 10 Mont St Michel
- 11 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 12 Paris in April?
- 13 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 14 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 17 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 20 London hotel
- 21 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 22 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Day trip from London to Paris
- 25 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do