My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Dublin for 5 days- what to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 2 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 3 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 6 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 7 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 8 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 9 21 Days in Central Europe
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 12 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 13 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 14 best time to book accommodation
- 15 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 16 Oktoberfest reservations
- 17 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 18 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 19 No points in Paris .....
- 20 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 24 Pronunciation
- 25 Special restaurants - recommendations needed