My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Dublin for 5 days- what to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bath or york
- 2 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 3 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 4 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 5 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 6 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 7 Ste Remy France
- 8 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 9 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 10 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 11 London tube
- 12 car rental info
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Local Tour in Provence?
- 19 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 20 5am arrival in Dublin
- 21 10 Hours in Brussels
- 22 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 23 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 24 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 25 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD