My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Dublin for 5 days- what to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where left high and dry by US credit cards in UK & France
- 2 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 3 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 4 Which swiss alps to visit? First time to Switzerland
- 5 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 6 Mama Mia Italy!
- 7 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 8 Train from Le Havre to Paris
- 9 travel to western Europe from India
- 10 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 11 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 12 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 13 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 14 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 15 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 16 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 17 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 18 Late night train from Prague
- 19 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 20 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 21 I'm in a funk
- 22 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 23 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 24 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 25 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel