My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 2 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 3 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 4 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 5 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 6 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 7 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 8 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 9 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 10 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 11 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 12 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 13 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 14 20 free days of Europe
- 15 CDG international flight
- 16 12 days europe
- 17 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 18 Budapest on a budget
- 19 Seville in late January
- 20 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 21 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 22 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 23 3 days to spend in europe
- 24 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 25 RFID Protection