My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Dublin for 5 days- what to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 2 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 3 Germany Questions
- 4 How to sky dive without a valid parachute
- 5 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 6 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 7 Museums in Berlin
- 8 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 9 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 12 Scotland November 2015
- 13 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 14 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015
- 15 Salzburg and day trips
- 16 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 17 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 18 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 19 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 20 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Skiing in France
- 23 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 24 Driving from Paris to Munich
- 25 Austria to Italy by car - best route