My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 2 Travel vs. Babies
- 3 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 4 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 5 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 6 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 7 Which is the nearest London airport to reach loughton
- 8 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 9 Andalucia in December
- 10 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 11 England and Wales by public transport
- 12 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 13 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 14 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 15 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 16 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 17 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 18 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 19 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 20 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 21 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 22 Vienna or Budapest?
- 23 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 24 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 25 Will you skip Vienna for other city?