My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 3 Where should I go with my family?
- 4 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 5 PARIS
- 6 First Solo Adventure
- 7 Which Hotel in Rome
- 8 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 9 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 12 SE ITALY
- 13 Crete Holiday
- 14 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 15 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 16 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 17 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 18 Alitala
- 19 October 2017 trip - need insight into last leg of trip...
- 20 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 21 Croatia short sail trip
- 22 Stu Tower
- 23 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 24 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 25 6 Days in Italy