My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An Introduction to French Wines...
- 2 Transportation Tips/Advice for Spain (itinerary included)
- 3 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 4 credit and debit cards
- 5 VENICE
- 6 travel around Spain
- 7 Corsica
- 8 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 10 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 11 CDG to Marais transfer
- 12 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 13 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 14 17 days in England
- 15 Italy Trip Report
- 16 One month vacation between Malta and Italy
- 17 Transportation Question Italy
- 18 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 19 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 20 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 21 What is your favorite travel app?
- 22 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 23 Shooting People: Evolution Gaming Team Build
- 24 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 25 stonehenge day trip from london