My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary
- 2 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 3 Scotland in October
- 4 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 Munich-6 days in September
- 6 Sixt insurance claim
- 7 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 8 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 9 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 10 Enjoying England for a year!
- 11 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 14 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 15 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 16 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 17 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 18 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 19 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 20 SIM card
- 21 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 22 All of Spain or something else..?
- 23 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 24 RENFE error message during payment
- 25 Provins as a day trip from Paris