My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Dublin for 5 days- what to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Need advice for this
- 3 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 4 Welcome
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 7 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 8 one last portugal car rental question
- 9 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 10 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 11 Day trip from London to Paris
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 16 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 17 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 hotels in Seville
- 20 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 21 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 22 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 23 A drive in Europe
- 24 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 25 nearby cities to london