My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 3 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 4 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 5 House Hunting in France
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Ireland in April
- 8 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 9 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 10 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 11 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 12 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Itinerary Tweaking
- 16 Itinerary Help
- 17 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 18 Hotel in Vienna
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 23 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 24 Amalfi Coast help
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close