Thanks again to all those who have already responded to my questions regarding the trip that my husband and I are taking to Italy in May (5-22). We are leaving Rome on the 14th to go to Tuscany. My thought was that we could take the train to Orvieto, spend a few hours in town and then pick up the rental car and drive to our B&B (ended up being near Buonoconvento). We are planning to travel from Tuscany to Geneva on May 20th to spend a day before we catch our plane back home.
My questions are:
- Should we just plan to drive back to Orvieto, drop the car and take the train on through Florence, Milan and to Geneva?
- Should we try and drop the car in Buonconvento (are drop fees as expensive as I imagine them to be?) and take the train from there to Florence and onward?
- Should we scrap Orvieto altogether, take the train from Rome to Buonoconvento and rent a car there? I had heard that there was not a ton of supply of rental cars there but if it makes the most sense, we could give that a whirl.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Budapest in December 2017
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 6 Trek through Eur
- 7 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Roma Pass
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 Denmark or Sweden?
- 17 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 18 Europe itinerary questions
- 19 London Hotels
- 20 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 23 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
Dropping the rental car and catching a train...any suggestions?