We've always wanted to visit Norway and I'm looking into the option of either ferrying from Harwich to Hook of Holland or Eurotunnel to Calais (we live in Essex), driving up to Denmark, and then a ferry over to Norway to spend the majority of the holiday there (although I'll break up the journeys with 1 or 2 overnight stays).
Interested to know if anyone else has done similar, any tips, and also what time of year might be good to do this? I'm thinking either Easter break (first 2 weeks of April) or beginning of Summer holidays at the end of July 2 kids in school and want to avoid pulling them out for any time as we may need to save that option for Florida later in the year).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 2 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 5 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 6 We're here!
- 7 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 10 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Info about Poland
- 13 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Barcelona question
- 16 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 17 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 18 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 25 Advice on Berlin hotels