We've always wanted to visit Norway and I'm looking into the option of either ferrying from Harwich to Hook of Holland or Eurotunnel to Calais (we live in Essex), driving up to Denmark, and then a ferry over to Norway to spend the majority of the holiday there (although I'll break up the journeys with 1 or 2 overnight stays).
Interested to know if anyone else has done similar, any tips, and also what time of year might be good to do this? I'm thinking either Easter break (first 2 weeks of April) or beginning of Summer holidays at the end of July 2 kids in school and want to avoid pulling them out for any time as we may need to save that option for Florida later in the year).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 2 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 3 Traveling in Belgium
- 4 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 10 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 11 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 12 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 13 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 14 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 17 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 18 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 19 Language to use in Belgium
- 20 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 21 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 22 Avignon Pass - How Does it Work?
- 23 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 24 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 25 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?