We've always wanted to visit Norway and I'm looking into the option of either ferrying from Harwich to Hook of Holland or Eurotunnel to Calais (we live in Essex), driving up to Denmark, and then a ferry over to Norway to spend the majority of the holiday there (although I'll break up the journeys with 1 or 2 overnight stays).
Interested to know if anyone else has done similar, any tips, and also what time of year might be good to do this? I'm thinking either Easter break (first 2 weeks of April) or beginning of Summer holidays at the end of July 2 kids in school and want to avoid pulling them out for any time as we may need to save that option for Florida later in the year).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ASSist:: HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 3 What route for Reykjanes Peninsula?
- 4 3 nights in Madrid
- 5 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 6 London Hotel - Different Request
- 7 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 8 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 9 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 10 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 11 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 12 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 13 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 14 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 15 Trip to Switzerland
- 16 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 17 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 Rome hotel
- 20 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Seville to Cordoba
- 23 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 24 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 25 London 6 day itinerary