We've always wanted to visit Norway and I'm looking into the option of either ferrying from Harwich to Hook of Holland or Eurotunnel to Calais (we live in Essex), driving up to Denmark, and then a ferry over to Norway to spend the majority of the holiday there (although I'll break up the journeys with 1 or 2 overnight stays).
Interested to know if anyone else has done similar, any tips, and also what time of year might be good to do this? I'm thinking either Easter break (first 2 weeks of April) or beginning of Summer holidays at the end of July 2 kids in school and want to avoid pulling them out for any time as we may need to save that option for Florida later in the year).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Trains in Alps and UK
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 CDG airport and connection time
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 12 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 13 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 14 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 15 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 16 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 17 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close