Really hoping for some insight here -- I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. It has to do with seeing the top of the mountain Larrun (or in French La Rhune) on the border between France and Spain in the Basque country.
I know that there is a train you can take from near Sare, France to get to the top of the mountain. It gets mixed reviews: not well organized, long waits, very touristy, etc.
We are actually more interested in driving to the top of the mountain, which it appears you can do from the Spanish side (we will be in Spain so it is not an issue for us). My question is: does anyone know if driving to the top is possible and if there is a car park up there? Any reason not to do this?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Pay attention to your watches !
- 8 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 9 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 10 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 11 8 Days in Spain
- 12 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 13 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 14 car insurance italy
- 15 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 auto europa or auto europe?
- 19 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Barcelona alternative
- 22 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 23 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains