Really hoping for some insight here -- I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. It has to do with seeing the top of the mountain Larrun (or in French La Rhune) on the border between France and Spain in the Basque country.
I know that there is a train you can take from near Sare, France to get to the top of the mountain. It gets mixed reviews: not well organized, long waits, very touristy, etc.
We are actually more interested in driving to the top of the mountain, which it appears you can do from the Spanish side (we will be in Spain so it is not an issue for us). My question is: does anyone know if driving to the top is possible and if there is a car park up there? Any reason not to do this?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 2 2 days in Lugano area
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Tuscany First Time
- 7 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 8 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 9 Switzerland in October
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Recommendations
- 12 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 13 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 14 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Italy in January?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Paris- restaurant
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 25 Happy birthday ATM