Really hoping for some insight here -- I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. It has to do with seeing the top of the mountain Larrun (or in French La Rhune) on the border between France and Spain in the Basque country.
I know that there is a train you can take from near Sare, France to get to the top of the mountain. It gets mixed reviews: not well organized, long waits, very touristy, etc.
We are actually more interested in driving to the top of the mountain, which it appears you can do from the Spanish side (we will be in Spain so it is not an issue for us). My question is: does anyone know if driving to the top is possible and if there is a car park up there? Any reason not to do this?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Campervan in Croatia
- 4 Greek Islands (small)
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Cell Phone Question
- 8 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 K-Day
- 11 UK Visa Help
- 12 Skye to Edinburgh
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 15 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 16 Chime in on Portugal Itineraryy
- 17 Spain in December
- 18 advance tickets?
- 19 Help required with Itinerary
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 22 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 25 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?